7 drop pods 245pts

heavy support
2 dreds 210pts
upgrades
both furioso with heavy flamer 10pts each

both dreds with assult cannons and heavy flamers 40pts total

4 drop pods with deathwind lunchers 80pts

total army 1993pts

basicly i drop all four dreds in the first turn on your side furioso near tanks and dreds near infetry. 30 scouts on my side of the filed shooting ya and pinning ya best units. 4 deathwind lunchers blowing ppl away. secend turn i bring in the rest of my scouts at your end of the fild and start shooten ya

thats my 2000pts army and it hasent diaponted me yet lol

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I dont know about it, but the drop pods sound like they could give away some easy kill points as they have a (very) low armor value...

Wrong section btw, it is supposed to be right below "General 40k", in the "Army Lists" section...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sry about that my bad

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Dont worry, I am sure that some mod can fix it for you :)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
If you see a post in the wrong section please use the report function to bring it to a moderators attention.

So how do you deal with fearless units? I see you have mephiston, but he can be vunerable to heavy weapons fire and your drop pods cant be accurate all the time.

The other issue would be your opponent using deep stike against your line of snipers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I may be going blind but it seems you only have one troops choice?

·
Registered
948 Posts
*Facedesks* Soz, didnt see the 6 :blush:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
however i don't know how it got 7 drop pods?
He has 4 dreads in total and Mephiston and x6 scouts. Ya Mephiston can't take an transport and neaither can scouts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As Jaws picks up the problem with the drop pods.

Also pinning good units is sound in theory, but any unit you want to pin will either be fearless or LD10. Its a shame but true

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crap scout cant take pods lol well.....lot of ppl might be pissed at me lol

as for fearless and tougher modles iv had ppl deep strike in front of this and just get mowed down by so many shots.

·
Registered
192 Posts
when you remove the points for the unusable drop pods, you can totally throw them somewere else (like a Baal Predator?) i figure if you're looking to make the BA's an IG group, you may as well add some heavy firepower that Meph can hide behind until it's time to use his crazy ass. the Dreads are cool but i hear they are really susceptible to dying, so you may want an actual /tank/ in this army to offset that, and the fact that your Dreads aren't going to land perfectly in place.

its a humorous list i have to admit, almost no marines, and all snipers, and yeah, Sniping rolls on like a 4 or higher right? it's based off your BS instead of Weapon Strength v Toughness, so even if they're ld10 and Fearless, thats 10 rounds with a 50% chance of hitting, and he's got 50 more, plus the Dreads, it's gonna take out alot of infantry, my only fear is a lack of strong Anti Tank (ofc, the Sniper can try to shoot the tank, and it's worked, but it's a little crazy imo)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well im taking a re-look at the list because its braking the rules with drop pods. which means ill have to reconfigure my dreds as ill only get two on the opponents side on first turn.

i might look at a throwimg a pred in. as far as the list purpose i try to ignore tanks and kill as many jump/infantry as possible unless the tanks are a true threat meaning im not worryed by a LR or pred with las cannons.

im still not sure about mephsion as kick ass as he may be hes still 250pts im thinking a libarian with termiy armor and a storm shield. 145 pts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts