Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As this is a army lists area, thought i'd post my army list:

- High Marshal Helbrecht
- Dreadnought w/ Multi-melta and default claw (not sure of the actual name)
- Vindicator w/ Siege Cannon (but no Hunter-killer)
- Land Speeder Typhoon
- Land Speeder Tornado
- 1 Command Squad
- 1 Terminator Squad
- 1 Assault Squad
- 1 Tactical Squads
- 1 7-Man Scout Squad (Still working out the technicalities of Neophytes and Initiates)

and I'm currently in the process of creating another assault squad (which will have a custom look but follow the Black Templar rules still), another tactical squad, and re-painting some Initiates - I started painting as Blood Angels but discovered Black Templars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im going to guess your custom assault squad is the Angel of Death squad you mentioned in your other post. Sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is. Gonna take a while. But hopefully I can start that asap and get step-by-step pics up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like playing as black templars they are fun to play with and you should get the emperor's Chapion he is awesome trust me everytime i play with him i kill the other army badlee just make sure you put him with some terminators then you will kill everything trust me get him :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like playing as black templars they are fun to play with and you should get the emperor's Chapion he is awesome trust me everytime i play with him i kill the other army badlee just make sure you put him with some terminators then you will kill everything trust me get him :D
I do have the Emperor's Champion :p. Never really used it though, thought I have played a handful of games I don't get a chance to play that often. Plus, the nearest Games Workshop to me is hassle to get to so I never really get a chance to go to Events and whatnot.

Further notes on the modding: cut most of the Blood Angel charms and blood drops off. Been a bit slow on the progress front as Uni work has taken precedence. Plus I still need to get hold of some of the Black Templars charms, shoulder pads, and various other bits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I can see in the codex you must have the emperor's champion at 750 points and above?

Apart from that I new so I wouldn't bother asking me for such things as army lists but check your codex to make sure on the emperor's champion thing

=D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. It's an optional unit below 750, but at 750 and above you must own an Emperor's Champion...

·
Registered
104 Posts
2 things;

a) in games above 750 point you MUST include a champion, and he MUST have a vow
b) Crusader squads have both the scouts and marines in them. you don't have 'tactical' or 'scout' squads. and each squad has to have the same number, or more, marines than scouts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
"Not to embrace the cheese, but Glory of the Crusade"

Changing from Blood Angels (sooo strong nowdays) to Black Templars is a respetable choice, i do praise your braveness!

someday you would get your revenge (new templar dex)

After all my chaplain prayer:

The Emperor champion is compulsory, lacking real Character-effects, the emperor champion give you that, so if you are playing over 750 points you MUST place him.

Remember that fluffy and game wise, the crusader squads are great with initiates (space marines) and neophytes (scouts) make it 5-5 so you save lots of points to improvements in combat like power fist, melta or plasma. the neophytes are the one to receive the punishment of AP weapons, like plasma cannons and lascannon.

Helbrecht is not a great choice alone, but if you put with his neophyte squad he could make it great (i recommend you place the sargent with 2 attacks with the power fist)

Remember that now the comand squad with the apoc receive FEEL NO PAIN, im sad that the terminator command squad cannot use that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a quick update for those still interested. The reason I've not been updating is because of a serious monitary issue I've had for the last 6months-1year. So I've not been able to get the parts I need to convert the models. I'm probably looking at a couple of weeks worth of work if the sites and suppliers I use are still reliable.

But it would seem I can get back on track with my conversion, and hopefully start posing picks that are more interesting than legs on stands.

Sorry for the stupidly long hiatus guys. But thanks for the support so far...I was concerned that an ambitious conversion was a bit high brow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts