landrader crusader
pred anialator

all of the units have upgrades but i cant bebothered to type them all out
also i have poor spelling so ignore any mistakes

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
first of all, welcome dude!

Also--i moved your thread to the army lists area. Unfortunately, i cant be much help with critiquing it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm assuming it's a Marine list with Daemonhunter allies 'cos of the heavy support.

The list looks like a good base to me. I can't remember the wording of it, but you could look into using some of the grey knights in power armour as fast attack, that way you can deep strike if you want. Not always useful can can be good fun.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i could switch the grey knights to fast attack if i wanted to but it seeems a bit unreliable thats why i got the landrader which is hard to blow up and is loaded with guns

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Actually, it's not legal to take grey knights and regular space marines in the same army. It says so on page 21 of the codex, "Allied space marines may not be used if grey knights are present in the Daemonhunters force."

Sorry, but from the look of your list, the grey knights are not really necessary. You could achieve the same effect with just marines and an inquisitor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about non-Traitor Marine lists, but i do know lots of troops is always a good thing, and I know that a Landraider isn't as hard to blow as you think. I have played maybe 4 games against players who brought a Landraider with my 'Nids, and I never had a problem blowin it up.

To be honest, a Predator is a better bang for your pts cost, unless ofcourse you plan to transport Terminators in that Landraider.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Have you actually got a set list for your army yet Larkin?
I'd say you've probably got a nicely balanced 2000pts In the making with what you have?
If you need a hand In building a set-pointed list, Just ask It's one of my favourite past-times while sat bored at work! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cadian 81st:Actually, it's not legal to take grey knights and regular space marines in the same army. It says so on page 21 of the codex, "Allied space marines may not be used if grey knights are present in the Daemonhunters force."

It is legal to have a space marine army and induct grey knights, it is if you use grey knights in a Daemonhunter force that you can not include space marines. Other than that the list looks like fun to play with/agenst.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cadian 81st:Actually, it's not legal to take grey knights and regular space marines in the same army. It says so on page 21 of the codex, "Allied space marines may not be used if grey knights are present in the Daemonhunters force."
i was looking at that but the codex has two different allies sections and i was not sure if the rules applied for the section i was using look as the grey box to see what i mean it does not say anything about that there.but that said i think i might have been swaping them for stotm troopers anyway they are cheeper and i was thinking of inquisiter lord coteaz and yes i do know that he can only be fielded in a 1500 point army but as i said its a rough draft.
don't know a whole lot about non-Traitor Marine lists, but i do know lots of troops is always a good thing, and I know that a Landraider isn't as hard to blow as you think. I have played maybe 4 games against players who brought a Landraider with my 'Nids, and I never had a problem blowin it up.
i was going to stick the terminators in it but i wanted the landrader crusader for extra firepower against grunt troops plus they are just realy cool

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Oh, okay. Sorry, I thought it was a Daemonhunters army, not a SM army with DH allies. It should work then, according to the little grey box.

Idea though: If you don't have any marine fast attack you want to use (bikes, assault squads, etc.) then take a grey knights squad as a fast attack for the hell of it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lascannon cough lascanon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tylenol Cold and Sinus?

If your gunna stick termies in it, then the Landraider does serve some purpose other then being a huge pts sink and bullet magnet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well if everything shoots at the landraider that is good so long as it lives through it if it dies on the first turn that is bad

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i repeat
cough-lascannon-cough

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Listen sei fir if your not going to be helpfull just shut up and go away.
Thank you everyone who posted usefull coments.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Cadian81st said:
Actually, it's not legal to take grey knights and regular space marines in the same army. It says so on page 21 of the codex, "Allied space marines may not be used if grey knights are present in the Daemonhunters force."

Sorry, but from the look of your list, the grey knights are not really necessary. You could achieve the same effect with just marines and an inquisitor.
Don't confuse that rule and get it mixed up, Marines cannot be taken with knights, BUT Knights can be taken with marines

1 - 20 of 21 Posts