Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What primer are you using? I've found that both the army painter black rattle can primer and vallejo poly-urethane black/white primer (for airbrushes) work on finecast (even without rigorous cleaning with detergents).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What primer are you using? I've found that both the army painter black rattle can primer and vallejo poly-urethane black/white primer (for airbrushes) work on finecast (even without rigorous cleaning with detergents).
At the moment i'm using choas black/skull white and a brush........... however i am looking at purchising an airbrush, just doing my research first

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Chaos black or just skullwhite painted on the surface doesn't qualify as a primer and that's where the problem lies.

You need a proper primer for your miniatures. Otherwise, it's just another coat of paint on your stuff without it providing any benefit whatsoever to the paint you are applying over it. More often then not, that will only help to clog up detail faster...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's been a while, i got distracted and decided to paint another Termmie, well here it is, i'll have a full army pic up after xmas as i get my paint collection then, pluss i'm off to a place of no distractions for my hols, so mega paint sessin is on the go (I appologise in advance the pic was taken on my phone)

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Lookin good man. From the first model to the one you posted yesterday..HUGE improvement. Definitely cool watching your skill level progress. This last termie you did looks awesome. Hope to see some more pics up soon. +rep

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello RTWD. First off let me say that updated terminator looks much better and has a nice vibrant red feel about him. For the sang guard, well at first I thought it was a beefed up storm trooper from star wars until I saw the next pictures with the jump pack...lol, not sure what I was thinking! May I suggest adding some black inside the gun barrel? Other than that, good work.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's been a while but i'm planning on having a new update up very soon, Sang' Gaurd is almost done, started my converted Vet' squad, i'll have pics up of everything hopefully by the end of this week.

Having alot of fun with my Games Workshop paint set too :grin:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Have you tried OSL on this guys eyes? or is it the picture?

sorry if im wrong just if you have there is only a very minor few tweeks you need to do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey, just wanted to say that this is a rather nice log. I especially like what you did with the Sanguinary Guard. I myself spent a lot of time trying to think of a scheme for mine.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just a Quick Update.

Things ARE comming along just taking a little bit longer than planned, I've just finished the Sang' Guard unit (waiting on glue to dry) looking at bassing all of my previous models tomorrow.

Pics will be up tomorrow of the Sang' guards, and the full range of work so far.

Thankyou for C&C it is very much appreciated, and there will be more to follow as i've got too many models at the moment:grin:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello Redthirt, Welll first off good job on completing the Sang guard!

If I may make a suggestion, stick a piece of white printer paper behind and underneath your units when you take a picture, it will help the camera focus better and not cause them to look out of focus or blurry.

Your power weapons look good, they seem to blend pretty well together. I am honestly not really sure about the red/pinkish wings. It just doesnt have that catch if you know what I mean, however, please know that that is just my opionion and what really matters is what you think.

Anyways, good luck on the next batch!

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As Promised, this is my Army as it stands (Painted that is)

This includes all of the previous models that i have shown to date;

Dante, Mephiston, Termy Chap', x3 Termies from Space Hulk, Assault squad, Death Company, Sang' Guard and a furioso dread'.

I've still got The Whole AoBR box set to paint, The rest Of Space Hulk, Blood Angels battle force, another death Comp' (might not use as Death Comp'), Furiso Dread' and a few other random peices (Gazghull and stuff).

So all in all i'm going to be realy busy this year and i will no doubt buy other models to do, I'd just like to get them all done this year:dunno:

And Finally hear is a sneak peak at what i'm currently working on

This is my Custom Veteran Squad, I've got a fair few bits and bobs to make these up, i hope it will be about 10 strong when finished, the last five will probably be magnetised so i can swap between vangaurd and sterngaurd vets.

Thankyou:grin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well time for an update, my next model i'm working on is for my vanguard vet's, and i'm doing the sergeant.

Here he is assembled not painted.

I'll be entering this one into steve's Unofficial comp once he's done.

Time to paint i think:wink:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This is my Vet Sergeant, I'm only putting up one pic as I've also posted this into Steve's Unofficial Comp'.

I love the way the NMM Gold has turned out, I tried two different techniques one on the bolter and the other on the chest piece shoulder pads and other fiddly details. Personaly even though I'm happy with the bolter I doubt i'll be doing it with the brown's again, i mutch preffer the other which started with Desert yellow as the darkest colour, the pic' dosn't quite do it justice it looks brilliant in person:grin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It's been four weeks, i've finaly got back to my brushes and hopefully i'll have another new Vet completed in the next couple of days, just busy gluing them up now:biggrin:

I might go slightly off topic and do one of my orks too for a change

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found this very interesting and the quality of work you are producing now compared to the first one is brilliant, you have come on so far . I look forward to seeingwhat else you can come up with .

21 - 40 of 76 Posts