Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to start on an admech army so i got to my local store and first bought a henchman crusader and a techpriest I will buy some more minis when I have time and the money but here are already my first shots of my tech magos hope you like him

here you can clearly see that I have removed the shield and filled up the lag it was quite tricky do

here you can see my back pack hath to greenstuff it to the model to make it fit wel if somebody can post a tutorial of how to make greenstuf cables I can put some greenstuf cables from the backpack towards head like fw model
my future psycannon I know it doesnt look like one but I just like the flamer twinlinked plasma combo :eek:k:
together with my converted axe.

I still have one little qeustion for you can somebody put a tutorial online how to make (not to bulky) servo arms please I am desperate :cray: thanks for looking I can andswer your qeustion comments and tips are welcom

·
Registered
307 Posts
wow it is looking pretty nice, but for servo arms, mabie try using spru, cut it up, seen someone do it before and it comes out pretty nicely, also try using sentinel bits, like from the legs it looks mint when its done properly

Happy Converting!
Hugor

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for you reply (sorry for bad english) I just started with the hobby and the admech is one of ther reason I started it. I will try to make a servo arm and update the count as psy cannon expect new pictures very soon.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
servo arms...hmmm

well, my suggestion, for the arm itself, Buy a guitar string (either the low E string off a guitar or the A string off a bass) and, cut off the right length you want to be the arm, then do it again, so you have 2 pieces of string.

Glue them together and then coat them in glue (to fix them in the position you wish), this gives you a tentacle style arm (think dr octopus).

I've seen it done before in an Iron warriors army. It stops the arm looking bulky and heavy.

The Iron warrior with this design in question was the Lord who had 4 of these arms.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my admech army WIP (Updated 29-06-2009)

sorry for the lateness of the small updates hath to go with my family to the city boring:)

my updated count as psycannon

another shot

the servo arm was realy diffucult to make still not finished dough

I shaved of the icon of the shield and try to greenstuff a admech (which failed horribly need to pracitice more)
groupshot
go to get me some more greenstuff and maybe some skiiarti (gaurdsman + high elf archers and lots of greenstuff) dont know how much money I have at the moment

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel naughty :eek:k: lets double post I have worked my butt of to get some more money expect updat with skiiarti a finished tech magos and stuff like that but before that I am going on a holiday

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I am planning to do it non metalic metalic the armour gonna be hawk tourqouse, robes are bonna be scrab red I dont know about gold but I will find something its already looking realy nice

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have you tried using inks, i think the armour need a wash of blue ink (but it might wash out your highlights so only put it in the recessives if you dont feel confident), anyway looking good so far. Keep it up :victory:

·
Registered
215 Posts
looking good! Green Stuffing guardsmen is the way to go with Scitarii

·
Registered
215 Posts
Damn internet. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts