Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like my 1000 point army rated please.

Here's what's in it

* Warboss - power klaw, shoota/skorcha kombi-weapon, attack squig, cybork body and a bosspole (120pts)

* Big Mek - shokk attack gun and cybork body (105pts)

* 7 Lootas - (105pts)

* 7 Lootas - (105pts)

5 Nobs - power klaw, 4 shoota/skorcha kombi weapons, painboy, 5 cybork bodies (200pts)
Dedicated Trukk - boarding plank and red paint job (45pts)

* 12 shoota boyz - nob, power klaw and bosspole (112pts)
* Dedicated Trukk - boarding plank and red paint job (45pts)

* 12 shoota boyz - nob, power klaw and bosspole (112pts)

TOTAL - 992pts

And I know that people will be screaming "Shoota boyz!!! Takes slugga boyz ya noob!!". But my reason for that is that I have over 25 shoota boyz already and I don't have the funds to buy more... So it's shootas or nothing I'm afraid... Unless I proxy which I'm never keen on. Yay for 40k on a budget. In fact I have put a * next to the models I already own.

Basic stratagy is that the Warboss goes with the Nobz. They drive up in a Trukk, all jump out and barbeque everything before clobbering stuff. Plus with the Painboy they will be hard as nails to kill.

The Boyz drive around shooting up stuff and then bailing out to hit stuff.

The lootas and the big mek are my fire support and vehicle killers.

Basic kookie kutter Ork tactics.

So yeah, would this do well in casual games as thats all I play.

Ta for da 'elp 'n' all dat!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My biggest concern with this list is the lack of troops. You have 3 troop choices but two of them will bite the dust pretty quickly which could cause a big problem in objective matches (2/3 of standard game types).

If it were me, I would probably only run one HQ and one unit of lootas... in a 1K match two is a bit of overkill.

I haven't had much luck with trukk-boyz in the past. Trukks get busted early and with ease leaving you with a punny mob of 12 that will be sent running after a turn or two if you're lucky.

My recomendation (and this is just my opinion): Drop the Big Mek, the trukk boyz, and a unit of Lootas. And use those points to throw in as many foot-boyz as you can. Maybe think about a KFF for the mek...odds are though your oponent will be pre-occupied with the Nobz rushing towrds him and not put too much fire on your boyz for the first turn or two.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your suggesting a list more like this then?

Warboss - power klaw, shoota/skorcha kombi-weapon, attack squig, cybork body and a bosspole (120pts)

Big Mek - kustom force field (85pts)

10 Lootas (150pts)

5 Nobs - power klaw, 4 shoota/skorcha kombi weapons, painboy, 5 cybork bodies (200pts)

15 shoota boyz - nob, power klaw and bospole (135pts)

TOTAL - 1000pts

I took out a squad of lootas and jacked one mob to 10 of them, with the Big Mek I took out the SaG and replaced it with the KFF.

I took out the Trukk on each Boyz mob, jacked them both up to 15 boyz a mob and then threw in an extra mob of boyz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts