Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a strange question, but does it state anywhere that you must use your full compliment of attacks in any given assault? Or can you opt to roll less dice?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
I'm sure it says roll for the amount of attacks in a characters profile somehwere, so I would assume yes.

Though I assume you wish to not roll all to actually be able to hold up in CC unitl your opponents turn and wipe him out then so you won't get shot out in your opponents phase which is really just unsportsman like, in which case I would ater the number in your squads.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Check out page 37 of the rulebook under number of attacks, each model strikes with his/her/its attacks plus whatever modifiers are in effect. So if your profile says two attacks (and assume zero modifiers) then you cannot opt to make one attack because you must make the number of attacks plus modifiers to the number of attacks.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
what dark reever said.

you MUST make your full attacks if able in close combat, this is for the following reasons:
1. fluff wise your at war with the enemy, why would you hold back EVER.
2. any use of withholding attacks to prevent special abilities / only kill your opponent on their own assault phase / forcing an enemy to be tangled in close combat as a kind of Crowd control measure would be unsportsmanlike, and would make the game VASTLY different from a war game

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Pg 35 says models must "fight in this turn's assault phase with their full number of attacks." You cannot choose to attack with some and not with others unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Er, why are we making comments about the fluff? It's a rules question. Yes, in this case the fluff arguments support the rules, but... It was a rules question.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
And as well as making your full number of attacks, you cannot 'turn off' your special close combat weapons, such as power weapons, powerfists, etc. If you got one, you gotta use it.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
And as well as making your full number of attacks, you cannot 'turn off' your special close combat weapons, such as power weapons, powerfists, etc. If you got one, you gotta use it.
Even if you had an additional close combat weapon, like a blade or chainsword or similar?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts