Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have just listened to the first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and it gave me an idea. I can imagine the backdrop of Istvaan 3 just as Angron has landed on the world's surface with his legion, assaulting the Loyalist troops in the Choral city. If there was an animation of such an event Id imagine this would be the music behind it.

Can anyone else think of a musical backdrop to such an animation, such as the Word Bearers assault on Calth, or the Siege of Terra for instance?

Just a little idea I had, remove all other sounds, and marry up the animation with the timbre of the music.

If you have not heard it before (and why not?) then here's a link to Youtube to listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7_IZPHHb0

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about 'Adagio for Strings' from the film Platoon. Could be used for Istvaan V massacre as the loyal legions are gunned down by their so-called 'allies'

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just working with a song about Istvaan III, it's now in the mixing process. Even tho it's my own song, I get chills every time i listen to it. For me it's been one of the saddest moments in the HH lore.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just working with a song about Istvaan III, it's now in the mixing process. Even tho it's my own song, I get chills every time i listen to it. For me it's been one of the saddest moments in the HH lore.
Here Here. The entirety of the final battle between those in the mournival and the greater betrayal of the traitor forces is like a greek tragedy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.