Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I did a search and could not find this discussed... frankly I am sure thats due to my lack of skills in looking, so if this is a repeat I am sorry, but please post me the link so I can look into it.

Thought is, can you take a SM allies force with a Stormraven and give Murderfang a lift? so that he can get some needed mobility and still charge out of his transport?
Being as people have Eldar on Dark Eldar raiders for transport...

·
Registered
71 Posts
...Wow...I had never considered that before...

I don't have any other marine books which have a storm raven so can't possibly comment on rules as written. However, Battle brothers can share transports. I mean before space marines got their new codex they were borrowing ours to stick centurions in them, so I don't see why you can't have murderfang loaded onto a storm raven.

I would be interested to know how that turns out! Shame it would be a turn 3 charge though, but better than then a smoking wreck I suppose!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Stormraven is a Heavy Support with transport option just like the Land Raider, except it can house a Dreadnought as well as having a 12 model capacity. Murderfang sure can cop a ride, but as a BA player who's tried this since 5th edition (even in 6th when our blenderfist was still a boss and Fliers rules the skies): get a few Drop Pods and shove him down the enemy's throat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about if you took a Skyshield and started the Storm raven on the board that way... then it could charge in turn 1-2 depending on where the enemy deploys.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well naturally it would not just be about getting one model to charge, you can stick some rather interesting units in the storm raven as well, and then the Raven can be used to do its own damage after delivering the dread and friends.
My thought was about finding a way to not have him shot to death after walking out of a drop pod... or trying to run him up with a Landraider screen...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I was hoping to find in the SA book whether or not the landing pad has to start with the shields up or down, looks like you get to choose since there's no text one way or the other only how they go up or down. Regardless, you're looking at 280 points spent on getting a 6" bump up and some AV protection on your T1 charge and if you don't get first turn you might just have a blown up Stormraven.

Have you ever considered Dreadnought Drop Pods or Dreadclaws from FW? If the rules haven't changed for the DDP a Dreadnought can charge out of it the turn it arrives, and Dreadclaws can keep the unit embarked for the turn that they show up on so that they can assault the following turn. Bonus: the DC can fly away after and keep harassing stuff.

Honestly though, I run CC/template Dreadnoughts in every game I play and they key to not having them mercilessly blown up the turn they arrive is to have so much stuff up in your opponent's face that their target priority is thrown off. Have you actually tried playing this unit yet or is this all hypothetical and based off what you've been reading online?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts