Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So either real or a very good hoax from ebay:

The ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/warhammer-40k-/201589860415?hash=item2eefb1283f:g:Vb8AAOSwH6lXQs57

EDIT:
Oh, and it looks like new bases are on the way too:

EDIT 2: So the containers are real:

Also there is more coming too:

New bases:
Sector Imperialis: 32mm Round Bases (60) 26€
Sector Imperialis: Large Base Detail Kit 26€
Sector Imperialis: 25mm and 40mm Round Bases (40+20) 26€ (Including 32 skulls for basing)
Sector Imperialis: 60mm Round Bases and 75mm&90mm Oval Bases 26€

New paints: (We may have extreme limitations on these for the first order.)
Citadel Layer: Fulgurite Copper 4.50€
Citadel Layer: Skullcrusher Brass 4.50€
Citadel Layer: Stormhost Silver 4.50€
Citadel Shade: Agrax Earthshade Gloss (24ml) 6€
Citadel Shade: Nuln Oil Gloss (24ml) 6€
Citadel Shade: Reikland Fleshshade Gloss (24ml) 6€
Citadel Technical: Soulstone Blue 3.30€ (If painted over bright metallic colours, should create a gemstone-effect)
Citadel Technical: Spiritstone Red 3.30€
Citadel Technical: Waystone Green 3.30€

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
The bases are cool. The armored containers... meh.

Edit: hold the fudge up; how did I miss gemstone effects? Does that mean I won't have to make myself look like and ass while trying to paint all the little stones on my SWs?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Citadel Technical: Soulstone Blue 3.30€ (If painted over bright metallic colours, should create a gemstone-effect)
Citadel Technical: Spiritstone Red 3.30€
Citadel Technical: Waystone Green 3.30€
Oh HELL YES! Gemstone effects, at last!

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
It just occurred to me that, after spending several years loading and unloading containers in my early 20's, that octagonal shape absolutely kills viable storage of crates. Just murders it.

Good thing I don't play this game for its realism! :laugh: I really hope these are reasonably priced and sized (they look about 2.5" square, but how long y'figure?). Looks like you could hide a decent sized tank behind them, plus they'd be great in a loading bay area of a Zone Mortalis board.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Or you could take a soda can and box out the ends with pieces of sprue for about 1/200th of the cost :p

·
Registered
633 Posts
All that basing has my attention. Looking forward to seeing the details about that. The boxes, not likely to be my thing, but its good that they exist.

The paints, oh yest the glowing. Those are getting bought up right away. Sweet power weapons and plasma weapons coming right up. They might work good for eye lenses too. The layer paints might be renames of existing paints. Not sure how the glosses are going to work.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I wonder if they'll extend the gem stone paints to include other colours like yellow and purple. Still Ill be getting one of each to try them out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

An industry insider tells Spikey Bits that this new kit was to retail for $33, and will indeed have rules. It will also contain the following components :

• 3 Armored Containers
  • 9 Promethium barrels
  • 6 large supply crates
  • 6 small supply crates
Furthermore all new terrain kits and sets will come with rules datasheets moving forward (just like how existing terrain already has datasheets in the BRB and Stronghold Assault).

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Not horribly priced for what you get. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Anyone seen any pictures of th gemstone paints in action yet? I'm curious what they look like when applied. Anyway here's a sprue'pic and the container rules for anyone interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I've seen pics of the gemstone paints over silver and it looks pretty ace. Forgive my lack of evidence, still getting used to the new interface on mobile.

These new paints have great potential.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Found this. This is gonna be great for my space marine eye lenses as well as the little blood drops and diamonds on my blood angels and space wolves respectively.

Edit: I really wished they had yellow though.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts