Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the player shooting roll until he destroys a vechille or does he roll for all his hits and take the highest.

Friend ruled that since he already killed my sent he did not need to roll the remaining hits, i thought he should but i may have been biased as i wanted it to explode among his troops.

Let it slide as it was a friendly game.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Well, according to the rules, you roll each hit, period.

In practice, it usually becomes "Roll until it explodes" (or annihilated for ordinance)

Once you generate the worst result on the table there's no point in rolling again. You can make a destroyed vehicle explode, but you can't make it explode twice ;-)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Once you generate the worst result on the table there's no point in rolling again. You can make a destroyed vehicle explode, but you can't make it explode twice ;-)
Yep, so in your case he should have rolled out all of what his hits do, since they're all simultaneous. The worst result applies (which in this case could have been an explosion if it was a penetrating hit).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A further question, if the tank explodes twice may i roll for the explosion distance twice and take the highest?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
No. The tank only gets to explode once. So once a 'vehicle explodes' result comes up you apply it and that's it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts