Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was looking over my Weapon List for the Tyranids, as I was building Warriors, I noticed that their standard ranged weapon (Devourer) and the Deathspitter are the same range and the same type. Only difference is Strength and AP. So I ask, would it be a good idea or a bad idea to have a mix of Deathspitters and Devourers? Obviously the Devourers are weaker, but are pretty good against infantry, with their ability to force a Moral Check at -1 if a casualty is inflicted.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Sadly, you can't mix Deathspitters and Devourers in a squad- In the unit options it says the entire brood can exchange devourers for deathspitters at the listed cost.

But given a choice of the two, I usually go for deathspitters, mostly because I fondly recall the original plastic warriors with the "Drumstick of DOOM"...

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I see. I thought that since it didnt say at the bottom that the entire Brood must have the same options, as it does for the Carnifex, that you could mix them. Oh well

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
If you ever put a Tyranid Prime in the unit and load them up with Deathspitters, for a nice shooty base with melee abilities, it's a good idea to give the Prime a Devourer, and everything else a Deathspitter.
All you need is a single wound from the Devourer to get that Ld bonus, and then 25% casualties :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts