Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just realized that you're only allowed three systems with Tau battlesuits, so I was wondering what's the best system to use, TL or MT. I fit them with Missile Pods and Plasma Rifles, along with MT, so I'll post the stats:

Target Lock:

9 Crisis Suits = 18 shots at S7 AP4 from MP, and 9 shots from AP2 Plasma Rifles.

MP = 12 will hit, of which 10 or 11 will wound, and that equals 4 or 5 dead Marines... Not bad!:suicide:

PR = 6 will hit, of which 5 or 6 will wound, killing 5 or 6 Marines... Also very good!

Average of Dead Marines: 5

Multi Tracker:

9 Crisis Suits = 18 shots at S7 AP4 from MP, and 9 shots at S6 AP2 from Plasma Rfles.

MP = 9 will hit, of which 8 will wound. 2 or 3 will fail, meaning very few dead Spess Mahrines.

PR = 4 or 5 hits, and 4 or 5 wounds. That'll kill 4 or 5 Marines (duh).

Average of Dead Marines: 7

*************************************************88eight**8

So there ya have it folks. Good luck, for the Greater Good!

DestroyerHive out.:cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not even looking at stats. Multi-tracker. times a billion billion billion to the power of infinite. Glad we got that out of the way =D. Target locks are great on Broadsides and if you have points to spare for team-leaders otherwise firing multiple weapons on a torrent unit like Crisis suits is a much better proposition.

*looks at post* ...uh what? Why does MP or TL affect your to hit rate and MP is clearly going to kill more as you fire 2 weapons instead of 1. Are you mistaking something for targeting array?

·
Registered
442 Posts
umh as a point your maths is off suits are only bs3 not 4 and mt all the way so your not waisting pts on a second weapon you rarely get to fire

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, wrong names:grin:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There's also the fact that the effects of a TA can be duplicated with markerlight hits. You won't always have the spare ML tokens to spend, but since they have the same cap whether a TA is on or not, and since they effect twice as many weapons if a MT is in place, I favor the MT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts