Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So I need clarification please. I know melta means I get two roll two dice for armour penetration. And twin linked means I get to re-roll missed hits.
So does multi mean I get to roll two sets of two dice with a multi-melta.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You roll one dice to hit and get to re-roll if you miss it. I fyou miss both times nothing more happens. If you hit you then roll two dice and add them to strength for armour penetration. If you fail to do this (even if you re-rolled to hit or not) you do not get to re-roll this. The only time you can re-roll armour penetration is if there is a special rule that lets you do it such as tank hunters

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Multi Meltas are Heavy 1, meaning they only ever roll one 1 D6 to hit. Twin-linked allows you to re-roll that dice if it fails to hit the first time.

Melta means that if you are firing on a vehicle at half your range you roll 2 D6 for armour penetration and add them together. e.g. a Multi-Melta will get 2 D6 at 1"-12" range and just one D6 from 13"-24" for armour penetration rolls (after you have rolled to hit).

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
the weapon "multimelta" is a type of weapon like a "meltagun"--the "multi-" suffix doesn't have any special rule or anything, it's just part of the name of the gun. And not all melta weapons include the word "melta" in their name, either--things like fusion blasters (tau) and fusion guns (eldar) have the same "melta" rule.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
The key difference with a multimelta is that it is double the range, and hence double the half - range for the purposes of melta benefit. The penalty for that is that it is not assault like the melta, but heavy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts