1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i have so far

HQ
Typhus
Daemon Prince, mark of Tzeetch, winged (not sure what powers to give)

Troops
7 plague marines w/ champion pw
10 csm w/ champion pw, heavy bolter (probably going to end up removing whole squad when i get more plague marines)
12 zeerkers w champion pw

my overall plan for the army is to use the plague marines to absorb the hits till my HQ and zeerkers can get in there and stop some face.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Taking too 2000 points, I'd drop 4 zerkers and give them a rhino with EA!
If you're intent on keeping typhus you would prob be wise to invest in some bodyguard for him!Instant death is not in the least bit amusing! (forgeworld do some awesome termie conv kits) Either pop them in a land raider or deep strike them, you wont want to foot slog them!
PM's could do with a couple of plasma weapons in there and the champ would be better suited with a PF again a rhino wouldn't go amiss
HB in the vanilla squad should go, again double special weapon would be best here and again PF for champ would again be useful!
You could do with some heavy support, Oblts, vindies or defilers are your shout there! If your gonna take vindies take two, I have never used defilers myself so I wouuldn't know but the word on the street is run more than one, dccw it up and drop some pie plates! Happy days! Again oblits I run in squads of no more than two buts thats my preference some people prefer 3! Finally you will might want to squeeze another troops choice in there but it depends if you have the points spare!
Hope that is of some help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah i was planning on picking up some termies to keep typhus alive longer. The rhino idea with the zekers is a good idea, probably going to run 3 10 man squads of PM with fists. What are your opinions on a small nurgle marked bikers as a tank hunter squad or would the oblits do the same?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if you're going to go Nurgle and Khorne the fluffiest HQ options you could take are Typhus and Kharne, but IMO, at 2K that may be too many points in HQs where you would need things like retinues (termies for Typhus, for example) and Troop choices.

i'd develop an idea on your Troops first after you figure out how you want to focus.

good hunting.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

Did somebody say 'Typhus'?
:)
That name made my ears prick up, so I had to have a crack at this one...

HQ
• Typhus, Herald of Nurgle

225 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory; heavy flamer and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas
200 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
215 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
256 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
150 points

TOTAL:
2,000 points

"...if you're going to go Nurgle and Khorne the fluffiest HQ options you could take are Typhus and Khârn, but IMO, at 2K that may be too many points in HQs"
At which point the only sane thing to do is work up a 3,000-point version :biggrin:

HQ
• Typhus, Herald of Nurgle

225 points
• Khârn the Betrayer
165 points

ELITES
• 5 Terminators
- Icon of Chaos Glory; Reaper autocannon and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas
220 points
• 5 Terminators - Icon of Chaos Glory; heavy flamer and chainfist; 4 combi-meltas
200 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 10 Chaos Marines
- Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
255 points
• 10 Chaos Marines - Aspiring Champion with powerfist and Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
255 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist and combi-melta; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
266 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

FAST ATTACK
• 5 Plague Bikers
- Icon of Nurgle; 2 meltas
235 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
150 points