Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not fresh news, but I hadn't looked at the Mr. Dandy site for quite some time, as nothing on there really blew me away, but I found that they have done some nice work on army specific defence lines. They all look pretty accurate, except maybe for the Mechanoid (Tau) quad gun. I like the organic look on the "spawn hive" ones.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Those do look great. Would really like to see each one painted up though. One question I do have though is, how do they compare in size to the one GW put out? Because if they are the same size, then I will be getting a couple of them.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Yeah, the walls are lovely all round, but the weapon turrets seem off, particularly the Eldar, Tau and Chaos ones. Since they're asking nearly £30 for each one then I'm not totally convinced...

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Really are beautiful, it's a shame that we have to go to other companies to get Defence Lines that fit none Imperial Armies, but if that's the quality of the none imperial defence lines I'm more than happy.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I would have loved to buy the Tyranid ones if only GW would have allowed the use of fortification weapons to tyranid players. >_<
Where does it say you can't take fortifications with nids? I thought all armies could take them?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
They can take Fortifications. But the Tyranids got an FAQ that says they can't man the guns. So they'll auto fire at BS 2 and the closest enemy units. So they can still cower behind the walls but the player probably wouldn't buy the gun too. But that does also make the newer Fortifications that can't be manned by anyone really appealing for Tyranids. You can put a Battle Cannon or Punisher Cannon on those. And while a Marine player is distressed that anything in his army would be BS 2, Tyranids are used to Fortifications like that.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
They can take Fortifications. But the Tyranids got an FAQ that says they can't man the guns. So they'll auto fire at BS 2 and the closest enemy units. So they can still cower behind the walls but the player probably wouldn't buy the gun too. But that does also make the newer Fortifications that can't be manned by anyone really appealing for Tyranids. You can put a Battle Cannon or Punisher Cannon on those. And while a Marine player is distressed that anything in his army would be BS 2, Tyranids are used to Fortifications like that.
Actually, Gun Emplacements do not have Automatic Fire. Only Emplaced Weapons (the ones mounted on Buildings) have Automatic Fire. So Tyranids take a Comms Relay or a literally completely useless gun.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Actually, Gun Emplacements do not have Automatic Fire. Only Emplaced Weapons (the ones mounted on Buildings) have Automatic Fire. So Tyranids take a Comms Relay or a literally completely useless gun.

Midnight
It's not completely useless. Their enemy can walk up and take control. :grin:

But I was more saying the auto fire for the building attached ones or the new ones that can only auto fire. But yes, for the Aegis, I'd say just take the wall.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
It's not completely useless. Their enemy can walk up and take control. :grin:
And they offer a cover save to a Tyranid Prime who's running alone!

I see a new craze, 2000pts for double FOC, dot the field with Gun Emplacements to offer lone Tyranid Primes cover.

In a more realistic world, they offer 4+ cover to one Hive Guard. For 35pts.

Midnight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts