Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Can I get some feedback on this issue? When you move a vehicle in the shooting phase instead of shooting what is the move?

I will explain the scenario, my friend fights with Eldar and he has been reading the rules that if shooting is forgone in shooting phase and he moves his skimmers they can move flat out at 18" this to him reads that he can move 12" in his movement and a further 18 in his shooting phase.

I on the other had read it as he can move his 12" in movement and a further 6" if he does not shoot.

I would love some feedback on this.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Like OI says movement in the shooting phase is "Flat Out" movement and the amounts of additional movement are listed by vehicle type in the BRB.

It is in addition to what you have already moved, so 12" + 18"

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Guess that's why they call Skimmers "Fast", 'cos they are !

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
But Thats 6" under the maximum range of a flyer who are ment to be super sonic or more, well this is the game is supose
Have another look.

Flat out flyer is 36" + 24" = 60" !
Flat Out Skimmer is 12" + 18" = 30"

·
Registered
207 Posts
add vector engines and that goes up again. or eldar jetbikes 36 inch. stick that on a flying circus and some fortune and you have 4++ on a 36 inch moving squad. thats why they are so fast.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
How about Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes. They have Skilled Rider and attack when Turbo-boosting. So they move 12", then 36" while attacking, ending with a 3+ cover save. Such an elegant ballet of carnage and destruction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts