Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from Iron Warriors which of the 9 Chaos Armies do you think is the most fun to play and collect whilst being tournament competitive?

I planned on buying a new Chaos horde this year - which hasn't happened thus far so I'm hoping this thread can spur me on.

Grimm

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think the second most powerful Chaos list competitively is the Emperors Children. They can throw down a huge amount of firepower and still be alright in close combat. They have a lot of stuff that works on the opponents leadership at the same time. They are so solid when in the hands of the right person. Not to mention they get demonic fast attack steeds that rend...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah Emp Children are pretty evil, warp screen almost all their sonic guns are a pain in the ass to deal against, as well as having pretty good CC along with how tooled they can make their Champs
I personally like Word Beares(Thus i play them) Any Deamon chioce including Greater, So you can have a infiltrate Squad Hide in cover or try to creep up to the enemy's rear lines and have a nice present for them in the ways of Daemonic summoning, having Daemonetts with Steeds chase down and tie up infantry or go for skimmers and other armor with rending while some bloodletters tear things up with Power Weapons at Str 5 and a 3/5 up armor save so they can take retaliating punishment, not to mention your marines and elites as well as usually one Heavy Support and a DP
Thats if things go right though... >.>;

·
Registered
76 Posts
i honestly think the 2nd most competitive and fun to play with is night lords or nurgle who doesnt like loads of raptors flying around whop chopping peoples apart special in the night where you can be less seen and also if you nurgle you dnt have to see em to nurgle rot them you would just see this giant green fog advancing then all of a sudden pfftttt they fart and you choke to death

·
Registered
804 Posts
I really think it becomes your preference and how you play it which makes the army, how you use its strenghts try to make up for weaknesses how you set it up and how you play it against your opponent

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
DaemonsR'us said:
I really think it becomes your preference and how you play it which makes the army, how you use its strenghts try to make up for weaknesses how you set it up and how you play it against your opponent
That's essentially it... although there are certain configurations that lend themselves more to the broken, fluffless nature of tournament play better than others.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'd go with Slaanesh lots of possiblities modelling wise. As far as the list Itself Siren Is probably the most broken rule throughout 40k, throw In mounted Daemonettes/Normal, and Infiltrating Noise marines with sonic weapons and you've got yourself a damn hard army. :shock:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Where in the rules does it state that Daemonettes can get steeds?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm going to say its in the second printing of the Codex, the one that fixed some of the errors and no one knew it was printed til it came out. But since i don't have that in hand, I can't be sure. They are mentioned in the Chaos FAQ though

·
Registered
804 Posts
Its new, printed with the 2nd printing or LatD forget exactly
but for 28 Points total Daemonetts can get Steeds and move with Daemonic Speed

·
Registered
804 Posts
Oops sorry for not mentioning that XD forgot that part, but yes they do become Fast Attack then as well

·
Registered
804 Posts
Oops sorry for not mentioning that XD forgot that part, but yes they do become Fast Attack then as well

·