Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What rules do you and your gaming buds usually have questions about. Which have the most ambiguous statements leading to various interpretations? How do you handle these issues?

It took 3 months to convince my buds that Frenzy did not allow one unit to 'declare' and move a compulsory charge through one of it's own units, even if that unit charged as well.

How about you guys?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
it took me ages to make my mate learn the combat to hit table he was thinking the attacker needed their WS to be more than double the defenders to hit on 3's, he also thought the models with the same WS hit on 3's and other bizzare combinations.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The old regeneration rules always used to cause problems. I've seen a lot of people claim the don't need to take break tests because they're immune to psychology, but that has lessened with ever more explicit definitions in the book.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
the extra save from HW/Shield and the various magical problems that it entails. im kosher with it (making the ench shield fucking ace) but alot of people arent.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
the extra save from HW/Shield and the various magical problems that it entails. im kosher with it (making the ench shield fucking ace) but alot of people arent
I actually really like this rule, as it is quite realistic to build a shieldwall. It also makes more of a tradeoff for upgrading your main h2h weapon, as you sacrifice a possible 3+ save in h2h.

It also allows for certain missile troops (ie. dwarfs) to down the bows and be a tough nut to crack for thinned enemy troops. My block of crossbowmen are one of my most flexible battlefield units, and take on most enemy h2h troops face to face and give them a run for their money.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't get the HW/S bonus if the hand weapon is magical, but you do if the shield is magical. Kinda odd, but there it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts