Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mortar unit can fire the mortar at targets they can't see, correct?

Also, no to-hit roll is required, it's just guessing the range, then rolling for scatter?

I see this information is in the rulebook, but I just want to make sure I've read it correctly.

Thanks!

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope to never face Harlequins!

It turns out that it's a moot point. I just double-checked my Codex, and mortars are the one heavy weapon I can't field. :roll:

Oh well, thanks for the clarifications anyway!

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
experiment 626 said:
[they do however scatter really well when they can't see their target, but hey, you gotta have a downside!
Okay, hang on. So there's a difference when they can't see their target? I don't think I caught that in the rulebook. Is it a 2D6 scatter instead of 1D6 or something like that?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Peter Thorpe said:
with mortars it is indirect fire yes, and as with ordanance weapons its a 2d6 scatter after guess range, but if there is a line of sight it becomes 1d6
don_mondo said:
Clarification, it's roll 2d6 and take the highest 1d6 for scatter when you do not have LOS. Same applies when firing non-Barrage Ordnance on the move.
I don't see this in the Barrage weapons section, but I do see it in the Ordnance section. Can you point me to where it says the 2D6 scatter applies to mortars too?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.