Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,822 Posts
Peter Thorpe said:
kelvingreen said:
A mortar unit can fire the mortar at targets they can't see, correct?

Also, no to-hit roll is required, it's just guessing the range, then rolling for scatter?

I see this information is in the rulebook, but I just want to make sure I've read it correctly.

Thanks!
with mortars it is indirect fire yes, and as with ordanance weapons its a 2d6 scatter after guess range, but if there is a line of sight it becomes 1d6

in the next rulebook update these guess ranges will dissapear, due to powergamers that use this as a major loophole
Clarification, it's roll 2d6 and take the highest 1d6 for scatter when you do not have LOS. Same applies when firing non-Barrage Ordnance on the move.

As for the Harlies, I'm in the "you can't shoot at them without testing against Veil of Tears" group. Veil of Tears means you not only cannot see them, it means you don't even know they are there. If you don't know they are there, how are you going to target one of them as the target point for your IDF??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.