Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to these forums, but was active on and off with the Black Library forums for several years.

Active duty US Army with over 11 years in, but don't worry, I'm the smart kind.

I'm a 40K buff, with small to mid-sized armies of a bunch of different races as well as an avid reader of the books. I think I'm up to about 40 of them in my library. I've written several 40K fanfic stories, both serious and spoofs, and was bummed when I tried to get back on the BL forums to find out they have been discontinued, so I've chosen Heresy as my new online 40k home.

Cheers.
-I-

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite gaming moment. It's not so much a moment as a series of moments for one of my Salamander squad leaders. For 6 games in a row, over about a month, one of my brother-sergeants (Timothius) would be the last man standing in his squad, and then wreak havoc on the enemy. He has a thunder-hammer, so he would usually either assault a squad or a vehicle first and then win pretty much every roll from there on. One sequence I can remember in particular was against a Tau and Chaos army. He mowed through three squads, killing them all, a Chaos Rhino, and was going toe-to-toe with the Tau commander when the game ended. I am still trying to decide how best to add to the model to show his venerable status. :)

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Thats a sweet moment! I'd head over to the modellign section and ask for advice/toss ideas for C&C.
Good to see a DE army, not many about. Where are you stationed and whats your rank grade and that fun stuff?
And of course welcome ot Heresy, you'll love it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats a sweet moment! I'd head over to the modellign section and ask for advice/toss ideas for C&C.
Good to see a DE army, not many about. Where are you stationed and whats your rank grade and that fun stuff?
And of course welcome ot Heresy, you'll love it.
I agree I'm new here to but this has to be one of the best sites I've ever seen

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm stationed between Baltimore and Washington, and I'm a Warrant Officer. What I do is manage people that can't talk about their jobs. :)

So far, this looks like a great place to hang out. I may have to repost some of my stories later, and I'll definitely be checking out the modeling section. Thanks for the welcome.

-I-

·
Registered
2,996 Posts

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Good talk, I'm smart enought not to ask anymore questions then. Welcome and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts