Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ugh, more trukks to come racing towards me... But a nice build :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello everyone!
I am currently awaiting this month pay so I can purchase my next shipment of Eldar and hobby supplies. Right now I am dry on glue so there has not been any work done on my Wave Serpent I got for birthday.

This year though I plan of having much done since I'm entering the Army Painting Challange. My Eldar upp to 1500p and my Orks to 2000p is my goal for 2012. I try to have some pics up on my progress as soon as my shipment arrive, should be early March that is.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
After a long time away from my projects I am on once again. I have entered the army painting challange 2012 and my first entery is a Eldar Wave Serpent.

It is still only dryfitted together since I don't have any glue before my next shipment. I would like some tips and heads-up on the paint job and what I can improve.

With my shipment that is enroute I'll have what I need for a Eldar Warlock on Jetbike conversion tutorial. Stay tuned for that!

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I like the pruple. have you thought about doing some free-hand designs on there? or adding some decals? Just to add another spot colour to contrast against the purple and/or black? I'd probably use white as it works well with both colours.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I like the pruple. have you thought about doing some free-hand designs on there? or adding some decals? Just to add another spot colour to contrast against the purple and/or black? I'd probably use white as it works well with both colours.
As soon as my glue arrive I'll finish the model, buildwise. I'm gonna ad some decals but I'm not sure which at this point. I think I'll skip the freehand o:)n this one couse my freehand sucks at the moment :)
Thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
302 Posts
If it´s plastic glue you need just hopp down to Hobbex, they got a great little bottle of plastic glue that I alway use. In other words, Some freehand vines would look good I think, that can´t be to hard to do..?!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Nice job on the serpent... + rep

You might consider some light weathering/chipping...
Thank you for the +rep and I will consider weathering/chipping. Afterall it has spent the last 10 000 years in the eye of terror, don't think they had to much time on their hands for maintanence.

If it´s plastic glue you need just hopp down to Hobbex, they got a great little bottle of plastic glue that I alway use. In other words, Some freehand vines would look good I think, that can´t be to hard to do..?!
Hobbex you say!? Which brand/name on the glue? :) Hmmm.. I'l consider some freehand too. I'll think of something :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Humbrol is the brand name, you can borrow some from me tomorrow if you wish :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
This is how far I got yesterday while painting at Meldon's place. Fully assembled and some more highlightning done. Still no weathering, shipping or dcals/freehand. Will be my next step, friday that is.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So, here it is comleted. I gave in and tried some freehand on the Altansar icons and I am most happy with how they turned out.

I have also begun work on a small squad of jetbikes.

Here is a pic of the three converted ones. I have submitted a tutorial for the Jetlock under Green Stuff and Converting.

This squadron will be my entry in the army painting challange for april. Till then I'll work on an ork Trukk and my Farseer.

C&C is always welcome!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Your freehand turned out nicely, it's not over done. The white compliments the purple and black nicely, well done.

Your converted Jetlocks look pretty good as well, I particulary like the shuriken wrist mount, nice addition.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Boring weather outside, fiance at work, nothing fun on the telly, what do you do? Well I paint. This is the result of 4h of painting. My Farseer is completed.

I'm gonna give all my farseers and warlocks the same dark purple robes as I think they give a quite sinister feeling to the model. Afterall, we do not know what the Eldars of Altansar Craftworld is up to after 10 000 years in the EoT.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have had my head pretty occypied lately due to my own wedding later this month. But still I have managed to do some hobbying done. First my Jetbike squad have been finished as it was my April entry in the Army Painting Challange.

I realy love how they turned out. For Mays challange I'll try to have my Falcon done.

Second I have thrown myself into the Conversion Deathmatch and my entry for may is a Looted Raider, my second. I also have a Looted Russ on the shelf so I'm going to do some switching between the two.

Purchase condition.

WIP so far on the Raider.

Hope you like it and please C&C! I'm sure to have more time again to post my progress here after the wedding and honeymoon.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
My meks work on the Raider is almost completed.

The thing you see on the left of the drivers window is a Waaagh-speaker. In the holes you see on the turret I'll stick rods holding a trophy chain. At the moment I'm still thinking of more orky stuff to put on it. Any ideas?

41 - 60 of 554 Posts