·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #321 (Edited)
The three Zzap guns are finished!

For team Zag

For team Wurr

And team Zog

Realy great to work on these! I added some wires and a daggers and a Spear to give the models some life as thei crew has left their stuff lying around. Hope you like them and tell me which one is your favorite and why!

I have also managed my first session on the Dakkamoth and its' base.

Till next time!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Love them mek guns buddy, imaginative and effective. Top work! :biggrin:
So much yes. Loving your work mate, keep it up!
Thanks guys! I realy like how they turned out and I'll can't wait to paint them. Guess I might make them Novembers entry in the APC. Then maybe they will appear in a Battle Report early next year! I want to know how they fares even yough I have no expectations for great deeds. HAHA :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
New update on the Dakkajet.
But first I want to thank you all and brag a bit that my Eldar showcase today broke 100 likes! 😄 My orks are not far behind.

Now on to the Dakkamoth.

As I have said before I went for a simple scheme this time. Wanted it to have a worn, looted look with only a few plates of colour around. I have used more decals instead to add to the whole of it. My first freehand checks at the front ended upp utter shit but hey, it is an ork tht have painted them. ;) I'll have it rest a few days now and see if I want something more off it before finishing it. Good enough tabletop standard for me nevertheless.

Atleast I am very happy with the base!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Ah good old truck engine basing!

Loving this Dakka machine mate, maybe have a gretchin hanging from the intake cowling with a paint brush determinedly trying to improve the checkers in the midst of battle?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Ah good old truck engine basing!

Loving this Dakka machine mate, maybe have a gretchin hanging from the intake cowling with a paint brush determinedly trying to improve the checkers in the midst of battle?
Thanks! Haha, would be truly great. Sorry to say I don't have a grot that would fit the bill. I do however have a Grot in the intake from the Storm Boy sprue. Might ad an intake somwhere just to have a grot around. :biggrin: Or just a head somewhere, looking out on the going of things. :search:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
I finished the Dakkamoth by washing the while model and break the canopy I had planed to glue in place. Well, I'll find something else.

Here are Dakkamoth and Firemoth on their way for some target practice at a feral grot tribe just North of Barks Encampment.

I have also primed my Zzap guns.

Enought wires? @Saintspirit

And ten more boys.

Fun to see old models together. I'm I right that this is 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition boys?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Those zap guns are great work and I don't like zap guns but there is some true genius in those things. Keep it up..

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Looking great Moriouce, kitbashing is one of my favourite aspects of collecting orks. These are all brilliant, i much prefer when orks are done all looking different, lets be honest they couldn't enforce a proper uniform if their lives depended on it and forget about trying to build vehicles to a production lone plan.

Also as far as your ork mob goes.

Though i'll be honest the ork plastic boys from 3rd ed onwards look pretty much identical so it's possible that they are from 4th or later.

Edit: Just done some research, the big shoota boy and nob were not available until the ork box was redone in 2009 , putting them squarely within the timescale for 40k 5th edition. The sluggaboy could be any time after 3rd. All you're missing are some gorkamorka plastics and you've got an ork from each plastic boys set.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Those zap guns are great work and I don't like zap guns but there is some true genius in those things. Keep it up..

Tanks man! I have a feeling I won't like them either, gamewise. :)

Looking great Moriouce, kitbashing is one of my favourite aspects of collecting orks. These are all brilliant, i much prefer when orks are done all looking different, lets be honest they couldn't enforce a proper uniform if their lives depended on it and forget about trying to build vehicles to a production lone plan.

Also as far as your ork mob goes.

Though i'll be honest the ork plastic boys from 3rd ed onwards look pretty much identical so it's possible that they are from 4th or later.

Edit: Just done some research, the big shoota boy and nob were not available until the ork box was redone in 2009 , putting them squarely within the timescale for 40k 5th edition. The sluggaboy could be any time after 3rd. All you're missing are some gorkamorka plastics and you've got an ork from each plastic boys set.

Thanks alot! I think that the productionplan is the same regardless of big gun type. Dead killy front? Check! Less killy rear? Check! Then it's done! :)

Good analyse of the boysmob! I have some gorkamorkas that are all painted and done. They'll form my Feral Mob along with the RT boys. :) they are all smaller cause they havn't been in a proppa fight yet.

These are acctualy my last boys to this date to paint. Then I have my buggy, Zzapp guns and crew, burnas, a Nob, a painboy and a squad of Gretchins left before all is painted! Now how many Gretchins can a Runtherder handle? 10 or 19?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Since the brawl over at Mek-Hill, Tin-Leg has been thinking how to repay da boss. He needs to outdo everything he has ever done. Something that makes the boss proud so that no one can question his might. And it is a might that comes from Gork or Mork.

Slowly something killy apears in Tin-Legs limited brain. Something big, no bigger! Bigger, louder and more killy than enything in the encampment. He gathered his lesser meks and their grot slaves and sent them out into the desert to scavange like never before.

A fortress that moves across the land will herald the Orks arrival at Port von Stohr. A roaring beast of iron and fire will crash into their defenses and unleash da boss and his nobz. Tin-Leg cried out a laughter that never ended. He had had a vision from Gork! He had been chosen to build Da Gorkaforta. Once complete, no one would be able to stand in da bosses way.

The plans are underway, scavanged parts from all around Alceroin finds it's way to Mek-Hill under Tin-Legs supervision. What does he have in mind? Stay tuned and we shall find out. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
What does he have in mind? Stay tuned and we shall find out. :biggrin:
Sir, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
I, for one, am excited.

Sounds awesome, looking forward to what appears from his fevered Mork addled mind! :grin:

Sir, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

Thanks alot guys! Your comments realy spurs me to go on with this project! I have spent the evening going through my bitz box and found a substantiel heap of scrap. Tin-Leg will have alot to do in the near future!

Meanwhile I have also finished my buggy or Rokkit-Trike.

Nice to have smaller projects to test and exercise your skills before larger ones.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
The vision flashed through Tin-Legs once more...

...meks trying to keep the machinary roaring forward...

...Grots enjoyed the speed...

...or assisted the meks...

...as the whole battery hammered the enemy line.

Tin-Leg woke to yet more loot being dumped off outside the mek-shop at Mek-Hill. He began to laught again.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
Some more done tonight both paint- and buildwise.

First off I built a pintle-mounted twinlinked big shoota. Where does it go?

And the two first paints on my latest boys. I have a new wave coming along with new bitz and stuff so I will be able to put together another 12-by-squad in my third trukk during the winter. I hope to aquire a second battlewagon aswell. Both the battlewagon and trukk kits gives plenty of parts to be used in my larger project that will be launched early next year. I want to have more bitz and some more practice before I begin.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Great, looking forward to seeing the new kits and I'm feeling the anticipation building for your next big project - I'm loving the orkyness of your visions so far!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #340 (Edited)
Great, looking forward to seeing the new kits and I'm feeling the anticipation building for your next big project - I'm loving the orkyness of your visions so far!

Thanks Iraqiel! I hope I won't disapoint once the big one begins.

Last night I went through quite a heap of bitz and more is on it's way. No painting done but I began building my next 12-boy squad.

This will be a very kitbashed squad and I'll try to give it a great deal of personality.

321 - 340 of 554 Posts