Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

301 - 320 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Planning a holiday to Australia in the mean time? I'll give you a game!

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
And back to some orky goodness! The mek inside felt the urge to finaly finish the rokkit buggy and here is how far I got tonight.

So what I need is a wire between the gunners right hand controlunit and the rokkitz. The engin-gubbinz must be welded to the back and also some plates and spiky bitz around it all. What do you think this far?
Looking great, i love kitbashes using these old models, adding new components really adds character where they would look too regimented previously. Now it's like the bigger ork gunner has bullied the smaller driver into running him around so he can blow stuff up.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Looking great, i love kitbashes using these old models, adding new components really adds character where they would look too regimented previously. Now it's like the bigger ork gunner has bullied the smaller driver into running him around so he can blow stuff up.
Yes, they are truly a great source for kitbashing! My thought exactly. 'Faster you grot, faster! I want to hit the big clanky fing, Turn lef, no da otha left. BOOOM. Dats more like it' :biggrin:

The engine bits and wireing is done but no more pics. I'm gonna as some more plates and stuff and maby look into doing another one. Still have the trakks from atleast one old bike and som wheels. Having two rokkit buggies should be quite fun. Just the look of someone when they ignore the orks that can't hit anything and then find their flier crashed, hq insta killed, or tank blown sky high. :laugh:

I'll see if I can finnish this one and begin my second tomorrow. I'll need to begin painting the Dakkamoth aswell for the Army Painting Challange. New pics then.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
This is awesome, and "Dakkamoth" fills me with green-tinged anticipation!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
This is awesome, and "Dakkamoth" fills me with green-tinged anticipation!
I'll post some pics tonight when I have the first layer of paint on. I'll give it quite simple paintjob as a whole but add some details to make it intresting. I'll also go through my bits box and see what I can come up with for some orky kitbashing. I have my thoughts on a second rokkit-buggy and some Zzapp guns for my grots. Got lotz of old lascannons and stuff that I think would fit the build.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Due to an unexpected black out there has not been any painting done in the Dark. But I managed some pics of what is down the pipeline.

Rokkit-buggy almost done.

The Dakkamoth primed

Some new boyz 5 of each and a nob or two.

8 burnas and 2 meks in different stages of completetion.

The dakkajet is for octobers APC and the boyz and the burnas are for november and december. That is the plan so to speak.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looking like a nice looting indeed. Really like the fact that Orks use precisely whatever they find.

A tip might be to remember adding some kind of wires; I really find them quite iconic to the Zzap guns.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looking great so far! Is that Dakkamoth converted out of a model Korean war era Sabre?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Looking like a nice looting indeed. Really like the fact that Orks use precisely whatever they find.

A tip might be to remember adding some kind of wires; I really find them quite iconic to the Zzap guns.

Wires will be!

Looking great so far! Is that Dakkamoth converted out of a model Korean war era Sabre?

Thanks! I acctualy looked for a Sabre or a Mig-15 but it is a P-47 Thunderbolt. 😊

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Working around the clock, as if orks bother with clocks, my meks has gotten far. Grots are already swarming to the workshop to get their hands on the new creations, fighting and shooting trying to scare off the competition. Those to eager leave their boots smoking as they touch exposed wirering or looks down the wrong barrel.

Team Zag

Team Wurr

Team Zog

And if the Grots has a hard time with the aim...

...some markers to representera ammo runts. You don't want to waste a powerful shot!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Wow, those are really nice conversions you've done up there! Great work!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Wow, those are really nice conversions you've done up there! Great work!
Thank you! Yeah they are coming along nicely.

Love them Zzapp guns, very orky. :grin:
Thanks man! Hard not to get it orky when you scrap'n'kibash. 😊

Some rivets, wires and maybe a base for two of them to make them more sturdy and not so woobly. If I base two for practical reasons, should I also base the third for estetic reason? And finaly a rule question. Once you rolled the strength once each shootingphase for the entire unit, but I can't find it in the current rules. Do you roll the strength for the unit or per Gun?

301 - 320 of 554 Posts