Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

261 - 280 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks good, though you may need to tidy up the bases to ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree with Meldon there. Also, I think their eyes could be made a little more noticeable, so to speak. Perhaps if they were painted in some brighter color.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
The bases and all the black is tidyed and highlighted. Only stones left, and I left the eyes as they are for now, maybe go back later if I find them to Dark but right now they are as I planed. @Meldon @Saintspirit

I also added a plasma grenade to one's empty hand.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
All twenty Dire Avengers from to different Shrines are in display at my showcase.

Now on to these guys.

They are my entry for the army painting challenge

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Alot done tonight!

Washed the Fire Prism, almost done.
My second Fire Prism is 90% built.
And my squad of Windriders have gotten some wash and first Highlights.
Meanwhile I have thought about how to fix the Falcon. It is our main battle tank but is seconded to the Wave Serpet in everything. Take three and you can deepstrike but I don't see how often you would use it. What If the Falcon got another weapon spot? Or an upgrade to give it Skyfire! And please GW add the Puls laser to it's options, it is the unique weapon so why not take more than one? Having two puls lasers and Skyfire and our Falcon could have a place in the army as an AA-transport. Any other ideas of how the Falcon could get useable?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice progress! I like your dark tones, they look really menacing and alien.

Take Falcons despite that they are outperformed! Do it for the Imperium!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
Thanks @Iraqiel! I try to have my Altansar look grim and menacing. We yet don't know how 10.000 years in the EoT has effected them.
Now done with the last windriders.

Tell me what you think!
I'll soon put up the whole squadron at my showcase!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Updated the showcase with new pics of DAs and Windriders and thought I would post some here aswell.

I'm about to finish my first Fire Prism and the second will be up for the APC september.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice stuff! Great to see you progressing with this finely crafted army, no doubt to the bewailment and consternation of your opponents!

·
Registered
302 Posts
You need to do an armyshot now, I wanna se how far you have goten so far! :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Nice stuff! Great to see you progressing with this finely crafted army, no doubt to the bewailment and consternation of your opponents!

Thank you very much! I hope to keep it growing for the year to come. Prisms, wraithguards and blades, Scorpions and more is to come.

You need to do an armyshot now, I wanna se how far you have goten so far! :)
I'll do one when my second Prism is finished.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #277

Finished building the second Fire Prism. Now it waits for the third month of the APC. For October I hope to have aquired the first squad of wraithguards. And when time present itself I have three more Dire Avangers I got as a surprise with the Fire Prism, they will belong to the Shrine o the Last Dawn.

During October I hope to have a good game of 2vs1 3500pts which will be epic. I'll have an armyshot by then and a full battle report with lots of pics are guarenteed!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I have been playing with some homemade runes for my Fire Prisms. One I have named Radiant Lament and you can see it's rune below but I have serveral ideas for my second Prism and would like your input on the matter.

Top Row from left: Radient Lament, Hunting Sorrow(two options), Dawnspear
Lower row from left: Burning Gaze, Gaze of One Hundred Eyes, Scorching Thunder.
What do you think? What shall I call my seconed Fire Prism?

261 - 280 of 554 Posts