Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know I am not the only one who thinks 90 bucks for 5 knights is expensive and all you naysayers who back up the price more power to you for being able to afford them yes they are metal and yes they look amazing but with 4 children and a wife I have to go plastic.
So any suggestions on making the Morgul Knights from lotr Blood knights I think for 6 they are priced great and I can get a ton of Bret,Emp,Chaos knight bits off ebay for wayyyyyyyyyy cheap.
So size comparison are they close enough and I think they look great
Any suggestions?
60 bucks for 12 VS 90 bucks for 5

Why pay more the Morgul Knights look great

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The lord of the rings stuff is a bit too small to make convincing conversions but there are plenty of normal knight boxes that can be easily converted the Empire knights, Bretts or chaos knights can work with minor kitbashing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Also, you wont be able to use the lotr minis at events or instore.
I would go with chaos knights and add skull heads or some other skeleton bits to them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The lord of the rings stuff is a bit too small to make convincing conversions but there are plenty of normal knight boxes that can be easily converted the Empire knights, Bretts or chaos knights can work with minor kitbashing.
LOTR doesn't scale well with the Warhammer minis because LOTR is true 28mm, not heroic scale (ie. the proportions are right, you don't have the oversized heads, hands and musculature that defines the GW "style"). This makes kitbashing the two somewhat awkward.

They do however scale perfectly with the Mantic Undead range, which are also true 28mm (no, honest, they aren't paying me commission:wink:).

For my Morghul/blood knights, I am leaving them unconverted (largely because I want them to do double duty as part of my fledgeling Minas Morghul force for the SBG). I'm just painting the cloth parts of the model in a deep red colour, and using red dragon transfers from the brettonian range on their shields. Oh, and I also have a blister of Black Numenorean Warriors on its way to do hero vamps in the same style. Where else can you get 3 beautiful metal character models for £8?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts