Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my last night of gaming, I have decided to move away from infantry eldar. Heres my best attempt at a mechanized Eldar List. Please, any suggestions would be most appretiated.

HQ
140-Autarch (JB, Mandi., Laser Lance, Fusion Gun)

168-Farseer (JB, Runes of Wit, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide)

232-4 Warlocks (4 JB, 4 Singing Spears, 4 Destructor)

Troops
152-6 Guardian JB (2 Shuriken Cannons)

120-5 Guardian JB (Shuriken Cannon)

Fast Attack
202-4 Shining Spears (Exarch, Star Lance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw)

130-2 Vypers (EML)

210-3 Vypers (Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannons)

Heavy Support
180-Fire Prism (HF, VE, SS)

135-3 War Walkers (Scatter Lasers)

Anyway, totals about 1849. This list takes advantage of the mobility and shooty elements of the Eldar. The Autarch and Shinging Spears can tank-bust/CC behind the Guardian JB. The Farseer and the Warlocks move behind the other Guardian JB to tank-bust with singing spears or hit enemies in cover with their heavy flamers. War Walkers stay ranged and attack low armour vehicles and infantry. The Fire Prism Target tanks or infantry. The Vypers stay back and target both tanks and infantry, easy objective stealers also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mec eldar are double hard probably the best army in 40k at the moment. I'd make
3 squads out of the guardians though and i would drop one of the vipers in the squad
of 3 i find squads of 2 vipers work better for some resion. the remaining points can go
to yet more guardians

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never used the Shining spears before. Whats the best way to use them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i presume you are putting the autarch with the shining spears, I'd use them as a flanking force or I'd use them as a support squad if anything in your army got charged
they can counter. They should kill off anything on the charge

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
good army list against nids or orks but you would find marines hard. I find a well balanced eldar army with aspect warrors all most unbeatable

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks great mate, it quite interesting you have litterally no ground troops!

Let us know how you get on! I two have never used Spears so I will be interested in how you get on with them also.

-Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
HQ
140-Autarch (JB, Mandi., Laser Lance, Fusion Gun)

168-Farseer (JB, Runes of Wit, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide)Doom instead of Guide, maybe.

232-4 Warlocks (4 JB, 4 Singing Spears, 4 Destructor)Try this, Embolden, Enhance, 2 Destructors, 2 spears (not with destructors). Imagine being able to actually get into HtH and hit something with the better WS and decent Init. as well as re-rolling any LD tests. Oh and 4 Spears or 4 Destructors is never goign to be that effective as it turns into overkill.

Troops
152-6 Guardian JB (2 Shuriken Cannons)

120-5 Guardian JB (Shuriken Cannon)Trim it to a 3-pack special just so its easier to hide.

Fast Attack
202-4 Shining Spears (Exarch, Star Lance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw) Maybe add number 5.

130-2 Vypers (EML)

210-3 Vypers (Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannons)

Heavy Support

135-3 War Walkers (Scatter Lasers) Is your math correct ?

The army is decent overall and I like the concept; Good luck with it and let us know how it does.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL forgot the Warlkers get 2 support guns, That brings the Walkers to 180 (30x3 + 15x6). Hm that means I need to lose another 45 or so points. Any suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts