Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
For those who don't get the emails -

The Magaera looks like it has a Claw and Cannon, while the Acheron the Infernus flamer seen on the Malcador Infernus and a Chainfist, with what looks like a Heavy Bolter.

The Riptide Y'vahra has some form of triple barreled Plasma and from my limited Tau knowledge, an Ion weapon of some sort, although someone more knowledgeable can correct that.

Also the Archamagos and the Triaros which have been seen before from open days.

Got to say I like the look of the Magaera

Apparently didn't scroll down the page far enough XD.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
176 Posts
Questoris Knight-Magaera (€143)

Cerastus Knight-Acheron (€221)

XV109 Y'VAHRA Battlesuit (€93.50)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The Riptide Y'vahra has some form of triple barreled Plasma and from my limited Tau knowledge, an Ion weapon of some sort, although someone more knowledgeable can correct that.

Right arm looks like an ion weapon.....as far as I can tell it looks like the bottom of an ion cannon. The left arm it looks more like a triple barreled flamethrower, notice the part on the bottom of each barrel.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
The Cerastus type is larger than the normal one, which I'm guessing by the similarities is considered a Questoris type.

It's 20 Euro for the Knight upgrade kit (note the different (read, awesome) pads it has), which puts the basic Knight at 130, plus the new head and weapons. I'm not saying it's a worthwhile price - or that GW can't come up with new plastic pieces, but there's the cost of the new moulds to consider for plastic. It's probably cheaper all round for its to be in resin, as they'd inevitably pass it on to us.

Edit; cheers locust. Why have one barrel when 3 will do? Why didn't they have a single igniter in the middle branching out to all 3 rather than sticking them on the outside? Ah well. The R'varna is a much nicer model.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Edit; cheers locust. Why have one barrel when 3 will do? Why didn't they have a single igniter in the middle branching out to all 3 rather than sticking them on the outside? Ah well. The R'varna is a much nicer model.
Rule of cool? I'm not sure all I know is that they have a nick on the sides of the piece sticking out that looks like the same as those on a battlesuit's flamer. I prefer this one's head+body.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
This XV109 looks like it's the missing link with the XV9 Hazard Suits... similarities with those wings in the bank. I wonder if this will mean they have different weapons... because I dislike the idea of suits with mismatched weapons. Even with Torrent, I can't imagine an ion weapon and a flamer to be suitable to the same targets.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
It's likely to be an AP3 or lower variant flamer, so can deal with hordes or light vehicle squadrons - good spot on the XV9 similarities - after all, the Riptide was XV104, the R'varna was 107, and this one is 109. It could be what makes it fairly different, as the R'varna seemed to patch the AP3 hole that the Tau were (oh-so "desperately") missing - (S6 AP3, +1 Strength and additional hit if bulky, +2 Strength and +2 hits if extremely bulky).

Still, that's more of a Stand-off weapon with 60" range - maybe a short range Ion Cannon and Torrent Flamer can change that.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Rumor I just read on the almighty Facebook just involved a 'shotgun' style weapon... so maybe a short range Ion Cannon to go with a torrent flamer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts