·
Registered
765 Posts
Very nice, what are those based on?

And +rep for deploying them in a nice jungle :biggrin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
In the other thread people were saying the Jadgtiger (sp?) wouldn't fit with the rest of the Guard army but having seen them all like that I'd disagree, and I'm now actually contemplating building a Guard army using WW2 kits for all armour (and using them as "counts as" for Russes, etc. with modified barrels to look like imperial weapons).

Have some rep for such a good job. You've managed to bring a realistic tank into a world of tanks with shocking proportions and not make it look out of place, well done!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the other thread people were saying the Jadgtiger (sp?) wouldn't fit with the rest of the Guard army but having seen them all like that I'd disagree, and I'm now actually contemplating building a Guard army using WW2 kits for all armour (and using them as "counts as" for Russes, etc. with modified barrels to look like imperial weapons).
if you do, stick to 1/48th for basic tanks and 1/35th for super heavy tanks, that tiger is 1/35th and you can see yourself how huge the girl is.

this is a good place to get them from
http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking quite sharp. Only suggestion I would have is to watch your mold lines...they're particularly noticeable on the exhaust pipes.
yeah I've never really cared about moldlines that much, don't see them from 3 feet away

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just about to ask about scale, thanks!

Is she really 1:35? crikey! Really throws into perspective how [email protected] the scale of GW tanks is given the figures are (by my reckoning) about 1:48.

Cheers for the advice Stella, that website looks really good. I really like the range (and pricing!) of aircraft they have so I'll probably get stuff from there whether or not I bother with a Guard army.

I'm thinking of using either Soviet or British tanks, though I'm leaning towards Soviet at the moment.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is awesome.
I was thinking of possibly T-34s for Chimeras (give they were often used as troop transports with a gun, albeit a big gun)and either KV1/2s or IS1/2s for the Russ. The IS1/2 guns would be considerably bigger than the T-34 so would help distinguish between battle cannons and whatever I give the chimera. I haven't built tanks in that scale (only 1:72 for wargames) so I don't know if they'd be impractically big for 40K. What do you reckon?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they should be fine in that scale, even the biggest tanks like Tigers and king Tigers aren't too big to be a problem

·
Registered
35 Posts
for guard 1/48 works rather well but myself i use 1/35 modern kits for my space marines.

hey Stella Cadente some lovely tanks there! i the painting on the Leman Russ tanks is gorgeous and gives them a realistic weathered effect. and the group shot of all the tanks shows the super heavy you built looks right for compared to the other IG vehicles.

all in all great work there mate, 10/10 and are you still going to do a super heavy regiment?

peace

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and are you still going to do a super heavy regiment?
yes, it will take a long time, but I plan to have 14 baneblade based tanks for a super heavy regiment, obviously including all the other variants, or most of them anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts