Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that it isnt just the recent releases of death company marines getting new bases, just opened my deathstorm boxes and the Carnifex now has a oval base which is smaller than the flyer oval, but larger than the new brood lord oval, the tyranid warriors are now on 50mm "centurion" bases and the death company have the well documented 32mm bases, plus the recent new release Tyrannocyte has a 100mm circle base too.

So in a matter of weeks 4 new sizes and shapes of base have been added to the range
32mm circle
100mm circle
105x75mm oval
75x43mm oval

Okay this isnt ground breaking news,but quite interesting as it does give people far more variety to choose from and could be an indicator of models to come, the 25mm base really has been too small for certain troop types for a very long time, the oval base is quite useful as it allows two very different planes ,if a model is moving forward you can use the narrow sides left and right, or if a model is stood legs planted you can used the narrow sides front and back.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
...,if a model is moving forward you can use the narrow sides left and right, or if a model is stood legs planted you can used the narrow sides front and back.
Modelling for advantage! That has to be the cheesiest thing I have commented on in this thread! :grin:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
My buddy -always- forgot that his Helbrute was modeled on an angle on his base which brought me many surprise (to him, anyway) side armour hits.

I like round bases for large models despite the case woes involved, it means they fit between tight spots evenly and with whatever facing you need to not leave yourself exposed.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oval bases are ace. Put them side on, then pivot - voila +1" movement in the first turn.

This is no longer legal. The wording for movement has changed in 7th. At the end of a model's move, its entire model/base must be within its movement distance. This includes any rotation, even the free pivot that vehicles get!

My DE friend was very sad for his raiders. I'm super happy to not get charged from 28" away on first turn.

As a side note, fuck those who did this. It was never not cheating, GW just finally introduced clearer wording.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts