Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the start of a new month, so welcome again to the Heresy Online:

October 2014

A valid entry is a picture before the conversion and a picture after the conversion plus an optional description of the conversion, posted in this thread. The full current rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.
Work in progress photographs or descriptions are also encouraged.

Entries must be submitted by midnight GMT, 31 October 2014.

If there is anything that you think unclear or needs reviewing, however trivial, please post it in the Discussion thread.

Without further ado, Heretics, ready your parts, raise your tools, and start converting.http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have already done this conversion once before, but I'll do another one and this time I'll submit it for the challenge. I'll convert two pieces of the Empire great cannon/mortar kit into a Kislevite Sled Mortar. As I've already glued some pieces together, here's the components:

The concept was inspired by this:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll be entering my Tyranid Warrior conversion: Pic contains 3x new type and 6x old type - plus bonesword and bonesword&laswhip kits. From them I'll be entering one Tyranid Prime and x6 warriors.

I pray to all gods (good&evil - holy&unholy - emperor&chaos) that I'll finish them in time and be able to enter Tyranid Prime to the painting contest this month - got to go and find my Slaanesh sacrifice - it ran away again....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Blade Runners

Here is my finished entry - a group of Tyranid Warriors called Blade Runners:

There is all of them: Six Warriors and a Tyranid prime.
Note: All Boneswords are sticked on with blu tack since I am painting the models without weapons - just easier that way - one warrior didn't want cooperate hence no boneswords on that warrior.

left one is jumping over a ruin - all of the model's weight is held on one joint and when trying to get the bonesword to stick it snapped - 30mins delay for the photoshoot
right one is charging - tried to make it look like it is carving itself a passage

The next three include the Prime in the middle with some plants (ends of old type lash whips)

The tongues will act as lash whips. They are the end of lash whips - newer type on the left and the old type on the right. But the old type lash whips had a weird end (used as plants above) so I used the "rope" part and glued a needle end to it from the bottom piece of the lash whip.

Prime's boneswords are the Swarmlord's boneswords placed on Warrior arms.

Lower sockets are magnetized so I can use either Spinefists or Rending Claws - the Rending claws are modified hence they're are on them now.
The rending claws have flesh hooks included. On the old type hands I could fit two between the knuckles, but the newer have only thumb and two fingers instead of three, so I placed the second flesh hook on top of the other flesh hook.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
This month I will be writing my thesis, and will convert myself into a miserable, sleep deprived, coffee addicted, emotionally unstable, lunatic.

A fairly simple conversion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is a very rare thing for me as i don't do such extensive conversions very often.
I wanted to make a standard bearer using HIPS for a banner and copper rod for a pole with couple of bits hanging from it. The main body was made from 2 miniatures of the original metal command squad, veteran segeant and standard bearer with drilled hand (it would be easier to drill his hand throughout before detaching it from the guy). Changing the head was even more complicated. I also used the original banner-top for his backpack-top. Hope You like it.

See him painted here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1939442&postcount=28

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'll sneak this guy in before entries close down. Platoon Sergeant with Power Axe, using the body, head, torso and arms from a normal Catachan, and the hands from the mortar round and binocular arms from the Heavy Weapons Team. Anime sized axe from Kromlech.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts