Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

March 2015 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 10 April 2015.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

mrknify
Renagades gone crazy;

Oldman78
a wee space marine scout

R_Squared
Basically it's the old 4 Mek Guns for the price of one (plus a Trukk)

Angelus Censura
My conversion of the High Marshal into an Inquisitor
http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
580 Posts
I like the ork gun. Innovation at its finest. @R_Squared

The sniper I feel is the best laid out. @Oldman78

Puns are intentional, some fantastic conversions showing a simple change can do so much.

So I take it painted is not part of the competition.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: mrknify

Best Executed Idea: Angelus Censura

·
Registered
522 Posts
Most innovative: mrknify - you expect entrails, and you get weird cables and such.

Best executed: Angelus - it could easily pass for a legitimate GW product.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Most Innovative: MrKnify - I thought it was a really cool idea - almost looks like a twisted experiment done by the Dark Mechanicus :D

Best Executed: R_Squared - Being unfamiliar with the current Ork minis, I'd almost think those came straight out of a box set, nice work

@Oldman78 - I love the way you posed the miniature, and your Greenstuff work isn't bad at all. Easiest way to work with greenstuff and make it smooth is to get it wet. I actually came across a ton of that plant terrain that came with a starter box set from 10 or so years ago, I will have to message you some pictures when I get home and see if you want them for that figure. I can ship um to ya, and I won't charge ya anything :) They would be perfect for the base.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Most innovative: R_Squared, 4 for 1, who doesn't like a bargain
Best executed: Angeles Censura, excellent green stuff shaping and crisp clean conversions

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Most Innovative: MrKnify
Best executed: R_Squared

All in all, great conversions folks!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thank you all for the votes! Congrats mrknify and really awesome work put out by all who entered. Looking forward to seeing what you all put out for April :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts