Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

March 2013 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 9 April 2013.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

Charandris

The collectors chaos sorcerer on chaos steed is a very bland model with lots of flat areas, a bit boring unless your great at freehand (Im ok... not great). So my plan is to add some new surfaces and details to the model to make it more exciting to paint!

Before:

After:

iamtheeviltwin

I have always liked the Legion of the Damned lore, and since I have started playing my marines again decided I wanted a small unit of them...so I picked out a handful of space marine bodies and plan on Green-stuffing bones, skulls, and fire onto them.

Before:

After:

Jacobite

I made a Sniper Scout Sergeant with a Teleport Homer. I wanted to give him a different looking one to the one from the Terminator Kit, I can't Scouts lugging one of those around but instead something more like this, a short flag pole that can unrolled and staked into the ground.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Most Innovative: Jacobite - A good idea and it will be a nice looking model on the field
Best Executed: Charandris - The work on this was pretty subtle and adds a nice bit of texture to the model

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Um, ought the voting window to close on April 9 instead of March 9?

In any case:

Most Innovative: Jacobite
Best Executed: Charandris

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um, ought the voting window to close on April 9 instead of March 9?
I forgot to change it when I cut-and-pasted the voting rules from last month. :blush:

I meant the voting to end on Sunday, 7th April; however, to prevent any confusion causing anyone to lose votes I am leaving voting open until April 9th.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts