Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

July 2014 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 9 August 2014.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

Ravion

My chaos knight... using leftover chaos bits and whatever else I can find around the house. I will also be buying some bug bits to put on him.

Before

After

Khorne's Fist

A SM librarian that up to now I refused to pay €25 for. With the (hopefully) imminent new SW codex I decided to make it into a Rune Priest.

Before

After

ckcrawford

I wanted to corrupt the angelic and almost perfect aspects of some of the loyalists armor. I thought the Blood Angels as newer models had this angelic look, and decided to warp them to look like fallen angels.

Before

After

ChaosRedCorsairLord

The rebellions B-wing had a unique gyro-stabilisation system that rotated the cockpit as the ship rolled, keeping the pilot stationary during flight. All it took was some 3mm magnets to achieve the rotating effect, I also replaced the stand with some 2mm brass rod and 4mm plasticard rod to hold the stand magnet.

Before

After

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
186 Posts
Best executed: Khorne's fist

Most innovative: ckcrawford

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Best executed: Khorne's Fist. A great kitbash.

Most Innovative: Ravion. Some very clever use of pieces here, I particularly love the plasma cannon arm.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
Best Innovative: Ravion, Would never have though those would have looked good if you just showed me the pieces, but they look amazing all together.

Best Executive: Khorne's Fist, with multiple components to your piece, you were able to make a model that definitely belongs together. This is a piece I would use in a Space Wolves Army.

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
Most innovative: Ravion - love it, real diversity of parts

Best Executed: Khorne's fist - that is a really smooth kit bash, nice

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Best executed: Ravion
Quite possibly one of my favorite conversions ever.

Most innovative: ChaosRedCorsairLord
Not a star wars fan but Credit where Credit is due. its such a simple conversion but it definetly makes the model dynamic

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Best executed: Ravion - That knight is one of my favourite models ever and should be a Heresy Mascot.

Best innovative: ckcrawford - Fallen Angels is a theme I wanted to do way back before the last blood angel release, it's great to see someone putting it together.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Best Executed: ChaosRedCorsairLord - When I saw this model in the painting challenge I hadn't realized that any conversion was done...excellent work

Most Innovative: Ravion - one of the best Chaos Knight Conversions I have seen and great use of various bits to make a whole

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Best executed: Ravion. Yeah... very smart use and seemless on the powerclaw. I would recommend a bit of work on the shoulderpads though, to go the full 9 yards.

Most innovative: ChaosRedCorsairLord. Simple, but extremely well thought out. Adds a lot to the dynamic nature of the models that I somewhat miss in FFG games. That's why I find it so innovative.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts