Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

January 2014 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 8 February 2014.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

Fiddlestix

Scratchbuilt Ork Deff Dread out of misc bits and Gundam pieces. I've taken to calling it Metal Gear WAAAGH! Everything is movable and removable to swap out different weapons and arms.
Before:

After:

iamtheeviltwin

here is my Empire General on Griffon conversion: I took the General of the Empire kit, the Island of Blood Griffon, some Milliput, and knives:
Before

After

Nordicus

Converted Noise Marine Blastmaster, who is gradually turning into a Daemonette due to his... excessive worshipping of Slaanesh.
Before

After

Kickboxerdog

a libby converted out of my bits box
Before

After

Brother Droopy

Before

After:

HokieHWT

The first, of many, converted Slaanesh Daemonette Warp Talons.
Before:

After

Stormxlr

Before

After

Jacobite

4 bit's box Pyskers
Before

After

Swede Marine

Hes going to become my new Chapter Master as i tend to throw him into fights pretty often.
Before

After

·
Registered
132 Posts
Innovator: Swede Marine - Well put together and looks like a Chapter Master to me for sure.

Executor: Brother Droopy - Beefy ass unit that can still give the middle finger as he is mowing down the enemy with his gun arm.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Most innovative - Fiddlestix... Seriously, nice job mate.
Best executed - I'm torn, really, but I think I have to go with Brother Droopy. That is one baddass guy you've got there.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Most Innovative: Kickboxer dog - took me a while to see which bits you put where, great work.

Best EXecution: Swedemarine - You had me at thunderhammers :wink: Very nice looking model mate!

Honorable mention to fiddlestix - that thing looks epic!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Most Innovative - Jacobite
Best Executed - Swede Marine

·
Registered
443 Posts
1. Fidlestix, (Imho its more of a Gargant then a dred though :) )

2. kickboxerdog ( great use of the sholderpad into a psychic shroud never would have though of that ! )

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Damn I'm too late!

Well done to all contestants, you have each made a really impressive contribution.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts