Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is the start of a new month, so welcome again to the Heresy Online:


January 2015



A valid entry is a picture before the conversion and a picture after the conversion plus an optional description of the conversion, posted in this thread. The full current rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.
Work in progress photographs or descriptions are also encouraged.

Entries must be submitted by midnight GMT, 31 January 2015.

If there is anything that you think unclear or needs reviewing, however trivial, please post it in the Discussion thread.

Without further ado, Heretics, ready your parts, raise your tools, and start converting.http://www.heresy-online.net//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I'll start my biggest conversion project yet - a Mawloc from a Mawloc.
Trust me it's gonna be good - here is the unopened box:

 

·
Powered by Squig Tea
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Some thing strange going on here, both a monthly Painting and Conversion challenge completed with ages to go before the deadline....

The plan was to create a unique sorcerer to use as a scroll caddy ( he might get a promotion ) with a big nod to an old Nurgle Champion I always liked.

Before.



After.







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
My entry for January 2015 Conversion deathmatch.
This one is based on 2 key components, Ariac the Ironfist and leftover assault cannon from SW Terminators and some small bits.
Before:


The Ariac's body was used entirely, with his head removed the hard and ugly way, by dremel. Just as i did on the standard bearer i wanted to use a helmet to change the miniature completely (the bionic eyed one would be perfect)
I also wanted to use both his shoulder-oadded arms but with different use for them.
Left arm was much easier to redo, i used an power fist and drilled and hallowed it out so that the end of his cut arm will fit into, then the pipe was attached and trimmed to fit.
His right arm was a bit of a problem as the assault-cannon arm is very straight L shaped as this one had a different angle and more away from the body so a lot of trimming was involved and turned out that he's just not aiming it straight, By this fortune it looks much more dynamic.
Another bit includes a small shield and different top to ass even more bulk, I was considering a banner but it would be too much.
Base is made around a small ruin and other bits that will go into the plinth.
He of course will be entered ino painting contest as well.
Hope You like how he turned out, Enjoy.





 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top