Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the start of a new month, so welcome again to the Heresy Online:

January 2014

A valid entry is a picture before the conversion and a picture after the conversion plus an optional description of the conversion, posted in this thread. The full current rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.
Work in progress photographs or descriptions are also encouraged.

Entries must be submitted by midnight GMT, 31 January 2014.

If there is anything that you think unclear or needs reviewing, however trivial, please post it in the Discussion thread.

Without further ado, Heretics, ready your parts, raise your tools, and start converting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Scratchbuilt Ork Deff Dread out of misc bits and Gundam pieces. I've taken to calling it Metal Gear WAAAGH! Everything is movable and removable to swap out different weapons and arms.

Before

After

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hahahaha oh man Fiddlestix that is awesome!
Thanks a lot. It took me a lot of time and super glue to make everything fit together. I'm almost afraid to paint it.

EDIT: I got over my fears, and started painting the Metal Gear as well as some Killa Kans. The wip pics and kinda sorta tutorial are in my sig just click Gitkicker's Boyz.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not sure I can compete with the awesomesauce that is the Mecha monstrousity of Fiddlestix, but here is my Empire General on Griffon conversion:

I took the General of the Empire kit, the Island of Blood Griffon, some Milliput, and knives:

And turned into this:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Question before I join. All the work that I've done, I've done tonight 18 jan. And the only thinng I've done is cut the legs off. I stopped there when I remembered the challange. If I can still enter, it's going to be a Techmarine on a bike conversion. I know it's been done before, but not by me. And it'll be my first "major" conversion. If approved, will post a pic of it as it is now, before I go any farther.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Just make sure you can post pics of the pieces you used. I used stock pics of the sprues this month because I forgot to take any pics before I started cutting. Often people take pictures of the pieces they are using while the minis are in pieces. So you should be fine.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Well I forgot to take pictures before I put this together. So I'll post pictures of the sprues that are used, and if the entry is not valid, then I completely understand :)

(Truth be told I never considered entering it here, but thought why not - I never convert anything, so this will probably by my first and only entry xD)

Parts used:
Noise Marine Blastmaster weapon and arm:

Seeker of Slaanesh head:

Chaos Space Marine body, legs, shoulders and backpack:

Result:
Converted Noise Marine Blastmaster, who is gradually turning into a Daemonette due to his... excessive worshipping of Slaanesh.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hey all i thought id have a go here aswell since ive entered the painting comp also so heres my entry its a libby converted out of my bits box
bits included are from a number diffrent kits
ie- dark angels, grey knights, vanilla marines, blood angels and forge world.

just gotta do some green stuff work today on him and ill get a finished pic up

edit*
finished model with gs done.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The purpose of the before picture is to give an indication of what went into the conversion - not prove when the work started - so, pictures of identical parts are fine.

This stance hopefully allows people who find out about the competition after they have started work, or cannot take a photograph for some reason, to enter.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The purpose of the before picture is to give an indication of what went into the conversion - not prove when the work started - so, pictures of identical parts are fine.

This stance hopefully allows people who find out about the competition after they have started work, or cannot take a photograph for some reason, to enter.
this is my first time entering so hoping my above entry is sufficient as it shows parts and the stages ive took building it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Been a while since I've been on here. So here's the story about my conversion. A campaign started up in my town that spans every gaming store. The Local GW store Helped get together every other gaming store in the city (and surrounding cities) to all get together and help with a Campaign. I'd been sick and couldn't get my army list I was going to be playing painted in time. I'd loose some bonus points but it wasn't really that bad. Then I realized I didn't have my HQ built, the GW store was closed, and I had a match in 8 hours.

Behold the bits box! From this I would make my master piece!

I narrowed it down to these sprues. Nephilum Jet Fighter, Terminator, Deathwing Command Squad, Dark Angels upgrade sprue, Venerable Dreadnaught, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Grey Knight Strike Squad, Space Marine Tactical Squad. (Some sprues not pictured and where added later)

Then this happened:

I took a turbine thing from the Nephilum and glued it onto the back of the Terminator back piece. Realizing how dumb that looked I started over with a fresh terminator back piece. What I ended up building next was much better. With a bit of carving, clipping, filing and minimal green stuffing I ended up with this.

He's got on a Ravenwing Terminator shoulder pad on, because what else am I going to do with a Ravenwing Terminator Shoulderpad. (Why do these exist?)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Wish I could enter my Ogryn this month but the parts have been through soo many chops over the years that they barely resemble anything approaching stock. It'll have to be my 4 bit's box Pyskers then:

And what they look like now:

Not my greatest work but it's nice to clear out the bits box a little but and put the parts to good use. Two guys on the ends have blu tact holding their arms on btw.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
So late entry here. I had already started some of the work last night then i remembered i needed before pics. Its basically the Deathwing terminator sergeant from the DV set. Doing a simple weaponswap and adding a few bits (which i don't have pics of unfortunately)

Hes going to become my new Chapter Master as i tend to throw him into fights pretty often.

EDIT: Here he is completed. The sheild was made with a Tau drone i had laying around (which is odd since ive never bought any tau) and a bunch of bits and bobs. The drone was an appropriate choice because it has what appears to be a generator on the back.

*** if theyres any problems with the entry Im sure Dave will let me know.***

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So late entry here. I had already started some of the work last night then i remembered i needed before pics....

*** if theyres any problems with the entry Im sure Dave will let me know.***
You have shown enough to be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts