Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the start of a new month, so welcome again to the Heresy Online:

February 2014

A valid entry is a picture before the conversion and a picture after the conversion plus an optional description of the conversion, posted in this thread. The full current rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.
Work in progress photographs or descriptions are also encouraged.

Entries must be submitted by midnight GMT, 28 February 2014.

If there is anything that you think unclear or needs reviewing, however trivial, please post it in the Discussion thread.

Without further ado, Heretics, ready your parts, raise your tools, and start converting.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Alright I will get this thing started and there better be some others to go up against.

I am converting this into my deamon prince. This is going to be an interesting challenge to do it in a month.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Don't know if I'll quite have time this month, but here's to hoping...

One Ork DeffJet coming up!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Torealis, that Vostroyan commander is a brilliant conversion, good work!

I got my arse in gear and did some cutting and snipping whilst listening to a lecture. Hopefully this counts as I won't be keeping it's base colours but if it is disqualified, oh well it was fun to do and share, and probably will be to play too!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Straken

Well I thought I would enter my converted Straken. The dog ate his arm so I made him a new one with him holding a plasma pistol. His arm had to be trimmed and filled with GS because, for whatever reason, Straken has stringy arms.

What he should look like:

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
That's a fairly clean conversion @HokieHWT, can he take a plasma pistol in the codex? Also, if you give his skin a flesh tone wash it will really give it some depth.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's a fairly clean conversion @HokieHWT, can he take a plasma pistol in the codex? Also, if you give his skin a flesh tone wash it will really give it some depth.
Thanks buddy! He is already equipped with one, most people don't even realize that he comes with shotgun, plasma pistol and a refractor field. I plan on really trying my best to paint him well, I was just putting a base coat on him when I remembered I never took a pic. Do you wash the entire flesh or just the recesses? I've seen it done both ways and can't decide which is a better look. I also have to figure out how to make my paint not look so choppy.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
The aim of this conversion was to make the Tyranid Prime bigger and bulkier than the standard warrior (as befitting a leader beast), convert a count-as for the Maw Claws of Thyrax and tweak some minor problems I have with the warrior biomorphs. Simply changing the leg pose and adding armour plates made the model bigger and bulkier, sinking the flesh hooks into the torso improved them immensely and scratch building a set of feeder tendrils out of 1.0mm guitar wire gave a believable count-as for the Maw Claws.

Before:

After:

I'm pretty happy with this model. Besides the feeder tendrils, it was a fairly simple conversion and it turned out great.

PS - I also learned that milliput is 10x better and easier to work with than greenstuff.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
The aim of this conversion was to make the Tyranid Prime bigger and bulkier than the standard warrior (as befitting a leader beast), convert a count-as for the Maw Claws of Thyrax and tweak some minor problems I have with the warrior biomorphs. Simply changing the leg pose and adding armour plates made the model bigger and bulkier, sinking the flesh hooks into the torso improved them immensely and scratch building a set of feeder tendrils out of 1.0mm guitar wire gave a believable count-as for the Maw Claws.
Simply amazing! I love innovative conversions that actually will look great on the table!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thanks guys, I did give this conversion quite a lot of thought, which means I probably have too much spare time on my hands. :laugh:

·
Registered
272 Posts
That Prime conversion makes it look more like a soldier to be feared and less like an unintelligible beast. I love it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Dark Angels Stormtalon

So I've decided to create a Dark Angels army, and add a Storm Wing Formation to it. That means two Stormtalons. I've never really been a fan of how boxy them Stormraven was, and while I liked the sleeker design of the Nephilim, I dislike the forward wings and the model's stats suck too much to use. So I decided to create the bastard lovechild of the two models. Honestly I'm not sure how much I like the model, but I'm hoping a coat of paint will make it look more impressive. Ironically, It looks a lot like the missing link between the Stormtalon, Nephilim, and the Aquilla Lander.

In a pinch it can also play as a Counts As for a Nephilim armed with an Avenger Cannon.

As always, apologies for my less than amazing photo taking abilities.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts