Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

December 2013 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 11 January 2014.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

Varakir
i will kick in some inquisitors for this month.

Before

After

Fiddlestix
here's an Ork Runtherd.

Before

After

Uveron
Aim: CSM Khornate Lord- with 'Jump pack' to lead a squad of raptors.

Before

After

HokieHWT
Catachan LT with boltgun and ammo removed, reshaped bicep and replaced wrist and hand with a Catachan "Devil's Claw". I also grooved the closed fist to place a laspistol to make a WYSIWYG Platoon Commander, saving 2 points in the process

Before

After

·
Registered
992 Posts
Most Innovative - Uveron: Good work on coming up with a nice conversion outside the norm.

Best Executed - HokieHWT: Working with metal and doing a convincing conversion is always difficult. Good job.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Varakir - Looks great, Idea to do a 'full' squad is great!

Best Executed Idea: HokieHWT, quite a complex bit of model clipping is needed for that conversion. Good Job.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Uveron - The jump pack as a whole is very different fron any that I have ever seen. You're use of spawn bits make for an interesting idea, and a visually exciting model.

Best Executed Idea: Varakir - Though simple, these models are beautifully executed and look like something you would find in the codex.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Most Innovative: Uveron - To me it looks like those bits were taken from DV, Berserkers, and Tyranid kits, Bravo sir.

Best Executed: Varakir - The models look extremely well built almost as if they were a kit from FW (when the resign isn't all buggered up).

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Uveron - Starter box kits are a great place to get cheap, interesting & individual minis with a bit of conversion. This is a prime example. Hope he serves your raptors well!

Best Executed Idea: HokieHWT - The gun arm to sword arm is seamless. Great choice of bits and nicely executed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Uveron - I love the unique look of the wings, really brings it to life in Chaos form.

Best Executed Idea: Varakir - Honestly, if you didn't tell me it was a conversion I would be asking what the kit was called.

Excellent job by all!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Uveron - What converting is all about. Thinking outside the bits box.

Best Executed Idea: Varakir - I can say nothing that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Most innovative - Uveron; you've displayed excellent choices in parts and in your use of green stuff to create a unique and original model. Well done!

Best executed - HokieHWT for having the guts to carve into a classic metal model and then making it look so damn good.

Fiddlestix and Varakir, I wish I could have voted for yours as well, because they were also innovative and well executed!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Though I didn't win I also appreciate the votes I received and the support, only motivation to come back better next month!
That's the spirit! :friends:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts