Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

August 2013 Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT on 14 September 2013.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

Barnster

Thought I'd enter my count as Abaddon for my Word Bearers, based on a mix of Abaddon, Zhufor and chaos terminator parts

Before:

After:

Creon

My attempt at a Gauss Pylon for Apok from bits and pieces left over from my Obelisk/Ctan build and older Bits from a barge.

Before:

After:

Fiddlestix

Dragblud da scrunka's Warphead from last months MCD inspired me to make my own so here it is. I did a head & arm swap, re-positioning, added misc bits, made some barbed wire, and did a lot of plastic welding.

Before:

After:

GrimzagGorwazza

i decided to go to town on my 2 Stone Golems that i picked up from the reaper kickstarter. These will be deffdreads in my feral ork army.

Before:

After:

Khorne's Fist

I... decided to create the jump pack wolf priest that will count as a reclusiarch and lead my wulfen(death company) allies. I wanted his crozius to be a bit more bulky and substantial to reflect it's role as a maul rather than a bladed weapon as I always envisaged it in previous editions.

Before:

After:

Wookiepelt

Here's my first attempt at a conversion using two SM bikes plus bitz to create a Quad Attack Bike...

Before:

After:

Veteran Sergeant

I love creating "Looter" Marines. Instead of a typical pose with him wielding the knives, I decided to go for the implication of movement and drawing one of the blades cross body.

Before:

After:

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Creon - Good use of spares to produce a very formidable APOK weapon.

Best Executed Idea: Khorne's Fist - Great kit-bash which looks as if it was always meant to be... especially like the two headed wolf crozius!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Most innovative: Creon.
Best executed: Veteran Sergeant, for the sheer fluidity and natural pose of the imposing tall-scale model.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Creon - It takes a lot of imagination to create something out of spare bits.

Best Executed Idea: Wookiepelt - I've always liked Quad bike conversions.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: GrimzagGorwazza - Great Idea for Ferals - I would love to see the finished product

Best Executed Idea: Wookiepelt - Bike looks nearly professional

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: GrimzagGorwazza - Great Idea for Ferals - I would love to see the finished product
Cheers dude i just finished painting them here

Most innovative: Wookiepelt - I've tons of space marine bike parts around and i've never even considered splicing these together like this to make something so cool

Best Executed: Creon - You would never know that this wasn't how this model was supposed to be constructed if somone didn't tell you.

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Best innovation, veteran sgt love the true scale

Best executed, khornes fist, simple but very effective and lovely touch with thunder hammer crosius

·
Registered
328 Posts
Most Innovative: Creon - Good mix of pieces result in a kit that looks natural.
Best Executed: Wookiepelt - Good execution of the Marinebuggy idea.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not sure if its still open but:
most innovative: khorne's fist
best executed: wookiepelt - looks like a gw kit, v professional feel

(if I'm too late voting at least ppl will know what I felt was best :))

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Most Innovative Idea: Creon... Damn... If I ever get back Necrons, I'll be stealing this...

Best Executed Idea: Wookiepelt... Love the SW quad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts