Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one for ya today. I've been playing a lot more against a lot more varied unit types and armies. Something I've commonly heard about both Walkers and Monstrous Creatures is that they always attack at Initiative in close combat with whatever weapons they have. Never questioned it because it made sense at the time, but on re-reading the rules on those unit types I can't find anything that allows them to ignore the Unwieldy rule.

Am I missing something here? There's a lot of Walkers/MCs swinging power fists like boxing gloves around here and I'm becoming confused. It would also be another actual reason to take blood talons instead of fists on a Furioso dreadnought....though that frag cannon is just too great to pass up most of the time.

·
Registered
358 Posts
page 174 special rule unwieldy

a model attacking with this weapon makes pile in and fights at I1 unless its a monstrous creature or a walker

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Derp. Point out pg. 47, Charging Through Difficult Terrain to them:

...if at least one model in the charging unit moved through difficult terrain as part of its charge move, all of the unit's models must attack at Initiative step 1, regardless of other Initiative modifiers, even if the charging unit is not slowed by difficult terrain.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Derp. Point out pg. 47, Charging Through Difficult Terrain to them:
...which is important to cross-reference with the "move through cover" rules, which merely state that the unit isn't slowed by difficult terrain when assaulting (plus the other two things).

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...Move Through Cover doesn't counteract the rules regarding charging through terrain aside from the -2 charge move modifier, so Monstrous Creatures are indeed reduced to I1 when charging through Difficult Terrain.

I'm confused by your statement @Mossy Toes.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yeah...Move Through Cover doesn't counteract the rules regarding charging through terrain aside from the -2 charge move modifier, so Monstrous Creatures are indeed reduced to I1 when charging through Difficult Terrain.

I'm confused by your statement @Mossy Toes.
I'm agreeing with you, basically. Just calling back to the earlier cross-referencing and not-straightforwardness of the rulebook & phrasing that we've been mentioning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts