Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dreaming about what the possibility of the rumoured "charge reaction shoot" in the new Rulebook and what it might mean for monstrous creatures with heavy weapons.What would it mean for the Nids...theres talk that thier codex was made with 6th in mind so perhaps we will see a noted boost to the monstrous creature special rules to reflect that and some of the hard (over)pricing in thier codex.

Regardless of the hate for GK's I love the Nemesis Dreadknight and some of the conversion work that I've seen on coolminiornot.

The Gatling Scilencer might be worth its points compared to the other weapons if its strength is the determining factor between being able to Snapfire or not.Although I doubt it will.

Anyone else feel like talking garbage as we wait for 6th to roll in...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The only things I've noticed about Monstrous creatures was in the Necron codex. There are passages that reference Monstrous Creatures going to ground or being pinned. This is either an oversight or a prelude of things to come.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Monstrous creatures getting pinned, that'd be pretty lols, a daemon prince screaming "TAKE COVER!!!!" and dropping on the ground becausea ratling sniper shot him..HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I love it how GW are dropping random references to 6ed in the new codices. NB redmapa, Princes are fearless so unless this is changed nothing will happen in regards to them. HAHAHAHA'!!!!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only things I've noticed about Monstrous creatures was in the Necron codex. There are passages that reference Monstrous Creatures going to ground or being pinned. This is either an oversight or a prelude of things to come.
I hope maybe going to ground but pinned not so much.

I wonder if MC's will get FNP standard to help illustrate thier size and resistance to small arms fire or thier disregard for it.

It would be good to hear more scraps on the MC side of things

·
Registered
622 Posts
With the 'stand and shoot' reaction, that would Nerf CC armies incredibly & make Tau nearly unassailable so I doubt they will include this.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I hope they ditch the monstrous creatures roll 2d6 for armour pen will be ditched- a huge dreadnought only rolls 1d6!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The dreadnought strikes at strength 10, it doesn't need 2d6 armour penetration. Monstrous creatures typically have a strength of 6 to 8 (most 6) and so need that boost to reliably penetrate vehicles.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Monstrous creatures getting pinned, that'd be pretty lols, a daemon prince screaming "TAKE COVER!!!!" and dropping on the ground becausea ratling sniper shot him..HAHAHAHA!
It will likely be a voluntary thing. Also, my only MC, the Spyder is fearless, so even if they do it like that, I would not care.

·
Registered
807 Posts
It will likely be a voluntary thing. Also, my only MC, the Spyder is fearless, so even if they do it like that, I would not care.
I'm thinking it's just an oversight... like maybe the Fabricator Claw Array could have been given to more then just the Spyder at one point, and they simply forgot to remove the text?

One thing I think would be cool is maybe allow MC to take armor saves vs other MCs.

Oh and maybe only allow 2d6 armor pen vs non-walker vehicles.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
One thing I think would be cool is maybe allow MC to take armor saves vs other MCs.

I think that this should happen personally.

Oh and maybe only allow 2d6 armor pen vs non-walker vehicles.

So Trygons, Demon Princes, and EVERYTHING else (besides carnifexes) can only glance walkers now? Necrons have nothing to fear. this is a terrible idea.
thoughts in cyan

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hmmm maybe your right about the armor pen

But I just feel like Walkers should be able to go toe to toe with MCs a bit better.

Hopefully they will have hull points or something... it's a little unfair that MCs can one shot a Walker, but walkers can rarely kill an MC in one round of combat...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Are you saying Necrons have no Walkers? Or Necrons have no Monstrous Creatures? Because we have both.
The Necron Walker has Front AV of 13, most MC (witch are S6) wouldn't be able to hurt it at all unless it was penned from something else.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They're called Monstrous Creatures, they're supposed to be better than most things on the tabletop, the way they are now is great except for the MCvsMC case which I agree with letting MC get a save when hit by othe MCs..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts