Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This idea was inspired by my friend and I's tendency to pit my Greater Daemons/Daemon Princes up against his Avatar/Hive Tyrants one on one, without other models getting involved (and the Godzilla jokes that follow.)

When two Monstrous Creatures or Walkers, or any combination of the two, are locked in close combat with one another, at the end of each round a scatter die and a single D6 are rolled by whichever player's Assault phase that round of combat took place in. The two combatants scatter that many inches in that direction, remaining locked in close combat.

Any infantry in their path must make a Leadership test to move out of the way, similar to being hit by a Tank Shock, as the two creatures trample everything in their way. If they fail, every model in their path is hit with a S3 attack with all saves, and must move to be 1" away from the combat. Either way, the MCs and Walkers are placed where the dice say.

If a non-walker vehicle or building is in the way, they two creatures immediately stop their scatter movement next to it, as one of the combatants has slammed his opponent against it. The vehicle's controlling player rolls a d6. On a 1-4 the vehicle is Shaken, on a 5-6 it is Stunned.

Any terrain in their path agreed to be smaller than the combined size of the two creatures is removed from the table, as they've smashed it flat. Larger non-building terrain is unaffected.

Any buildings in their path are treated similarly to vehicles (stopping and rolling a d6) with whoever's turn it is determining who rolls. On a 1-4, the building is fine, on a 5-6 it collapses. Any models inside when a building collapses must pass an Initiative test or take a S3 hit with all available saves allowed.

If another Monstrous Creature or Walker is in the scatter path, they join the fray and become engaged in close combat, reacting as if they were assaulted (though they cannot attack or be attacked until the next Assault phase, as this scatter movement is done at the end of that phase.)

How does this sound? Did I make it too complicated? Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
337 Posts
sounds cool, though I'd suggest making some new apocalypse style datasheets to make it even more fun, stuff like the Hierophant and a super Avatar of Khaine would be really cool

1 - 2 of 2 Posts