Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play eldar, or at least I am trying to learn. I play against a friends Nids army which is made up of crazy hard to kill carnifaxs, and tyrants. Ive tried a few different things but taking down something like 6 monstrous creatures with 4 or 5 wounds is pretty tough, but my next idea is mass starcannons... any suggestions?

2 Sniperfexs
2dakkafexs
2 tyrants.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
either go the cheese falcon route, and max out your vehicles, or fight fire with fire, max out on wraithlords, wraithguard, reapers, dragons etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go mobile, and by that I mean anything that moves faster than base speed i.e. FoF. Look at his deployment and try to isolate one part since it will be next to impossible for him to redeploy, then pick him apart.

Star cannons are the way to go; if you want uber death just go with warwalkers mounting duals and a farseer w/ guide. Each squad of WW will drop one fex a turn, no question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the advice so I am in the process of learning all the hilarious particular troop rules. The wraithlords seem like a great idea and the WW as well. I was thinking of making an army with 2 squads of Striking scorps (infiltrate), Cheese jetbike Autarch, and 2 groups of Shining Spears and go from there, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
good units vs MC's for eldar.

Pathfinders[hard to kill from shooting and wounding reasonbly well]
Firedragons[ftw]
Wraithguard[not as good as dragons imo but tough cookies]
farseer mindwar
Darkreapers Great vs elite and non extended carapace mc's
Avatar and wraithlords...fight MC with MC :)
also obviously starcannons, brightlances, eml, plus just lots of high strength firepower to force saves, especially with doom and guide. so warpspiders, warwalkers etc...
Also once they get close you have witchblades, powerclaws, Shining spear charges and your special characters that are pretty good vs mc's yriel especially is great at finishing off mc's

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your scorpions will get owned and serve as mainly a speed bump, your points are better spent elsewhere on shooty. If you must have something to go HtH with them Harlies are much better at the task because a) their save is inv. and b) the entire squad can be upgraded to rending.

The shinning spears might work, but make sure you can win on the charge or they'll be eaten, preferably by shotting up your target a bit with something else before lancing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts