Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these cool dice by Maow Miniatures in my travels of the world wide web and just had to share them with my fellow Heretics as I think they are super cool looking. All the devils' heads of are sculpted in the “6″ (face).

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Cool, but defiantely biased towards rolling 6's since that'll be the lightest side given how they're carved out.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think about that, I wouldn't feel right using them given the unfair advantage that you've just pointed out, so I probably won't end up getting a set after all. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
to be honest it depends on IF the 6 head is actually the lightest side in reality, since they only need to make sure that the 1 side isnt too much heavier for it to balance out more

For example, having it all hallow inside and have the demon head weigh about the same as the face, it wouldnt weaken the dyes weight too much

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
to be honest it depends on IF the 6 head is actually the lightest side in reality
Aye, they should really indicate whether they are balanced or not, as it's obviously going to be a concern. I had a look around and whilst most people agree they aren't balanced, there's no definite answer.

(I did find a few other sets, they all look pretty cool)

I'm inclined to agree with Stella that they are meant as a display item seeing as they come unpainted.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Aye, they should really indicate whether they are balanced or not, as it's obviously going to be a concern. I had a look around and whilst most people agree they aren't balanced, there's no definite answer.

(I did find a few other sets, they all look pretty cool)

I'm inclined to agree with Stella that they are meant as a display item seeing as they come unpainted.
Or maybe the company didn't think ahead :p

Really, without them saying something one way or the other, we won't be able to work it out ;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
They look nice but I choose to stick with normal more trustworthy dice in this case.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Or maybe the company didn't think ahead :p

Really, without them saying something one way or the other, we won't be able to work it out ;)
That's what I said in the first line of my post :p

My personal opinion is they are meant for display. I guess we could e-mail them, but alas the effort that would involve.....

·
Registered
390 Posts
you could always try rolling them a few times to see if they are unfair?
if they are then you could try descretely weighting the "6" side (i haven't thought of how yet)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts