Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the monolith lands on a unit the unit moves out of the way correct?

a friend of mine plays tau and normally has them all bunched together in one group of firing power, what happens if the monolith lands in the middle of them?

do all of them move out safely?

or

do some of them move away around the monolith and any that can't get out around it/past other units are removed?

I think the ones that can't get out are removed because one unit cannot freely move through another since other units count as impassable terrain,
a friend of mine says they all move past each other to get out since the monolith rule just says they move out of the way

which one is right? or can anyone help clear this up

·
Registered
496 Posts
ok im probably not reading this right... but if i did... then i would say the lith is rolling for a misshap

if he cant get his units out of the way, then your not allowed to DS which means it bad for you ^.^ (though him punching up is going to be heaven when you pie-plate those mofo's x3)

thats the way i see it./.. not really based on any rules, but it seems like a completely reasonible solutionsince its what would happen if you were DSing into somthing like that under normal circumstances

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see what you are saying and understand but under normal circumstances the question would not come up, it because of the monoliths special rule that it's a tricky area

thanks for the quick reply though :wink:

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
The Monolith just says to move the models the minimum distance necessary to place the monolith down. So basically, take them all away, put the monolith down, then put all the models back down as close to the monolith as possible. If that means one guy 3" away and the rest 20" away, so be it.

Then they will spend 2 turns moving back into coherency, that's if your opponent moves the rest of the models out of way. Else they may be stuck trying to regroup for the entire game :p

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm never even thought of that i just assumed you would move all of one unit one way but it actually says move any models, so unit coherency can also be messed up with it :victory:

but if the monolith is surrounded by units and there is a unit under where the monolith lands then by the rule book units cannot pass through each other so they can't move any direction what happens?

i'm sure i read somewhere that they get destroyed but i can't find it anywhere

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Then all models have to move to make room +1". It would also need to be a pretty lucky scatter to land in the middle of so many troops, there isn't a way of deliberately aiming the scattering.

·
Registered
596 Posts
In stark contrast to the precedent from the old Tyranid FAQ which said that Spore Mines can be deep struck onto enemy models...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts