Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a look and found answers close, but not always pertaining

Ok, If a monolith scatters onto impassible terrain, it makes a mishap correct? not like the SM drop pod where it will simply scatter less.

2nd We all know that a monolith will scatter units as it lands instead of making a mishap roll when it scatters on top of a unit.
-What about immobile units, they have no ability to move (drop pods, immobile vehicles) are they still moved or does the immobile aspect of them turn them into impassable terrain?

This event almost happened at a recent game. An enemy's Monolith scattered just short of my Immobile Ionhead and the question arrose. 5 of us came to a consensus that the immobile vehicle technically cannot move and thus the monolith would take a mishap roll. The only person who said the immobile vehicle would move is the necron player.

None of us found anything in the FAQ's that we had with.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Immobile vehicles cannot move themselves. They can be moved by other forces, such as an Eldar Farseer's Eldritch Storm or a Bluhd Angel's Magna Grapple.

Not having read the Necron Codex, I'd say the question comes down to this: Does the Monolith push units out of the area as it appears, or do they flee when it appears?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it states "Instead, move any models that are in the way the minimum distance necessary to make space for the monolith"
(I had to go find my Necron codex, took me about 2 days since I haven not played against a necron player in like 3 years)

We fully agreed that anything moble would move, however Immobile simply could not move. I'm not saying we are right, we merely went by popular vote (one of which was his own teammate as we were playing a doubles game) I'm just looking for next time. Chances are we are applying to much "real world" logic to the situation i.e. immobile simply means it cannot move.

·
Registered
468 Posts
An immobilized tank can't move itself, but can be pushed/pulled/shoved around by another unit's effects - in this case, the Monolith states to move units out of the way under it's Deep Strike rule.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Skimmers are allowed to end their movement on impassible terrain. As the Monolith is a Skimmer it would not have a mishap for landing on impassible terrain, but would need to take a dangerous terrain test.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
I interpret "Instead, move any models that are in the way the minimum distance necessary to make space for the monolith"

as strictly a metagame function. The vehicle should have been moved out of the way. Notice how it says model and not unit. It is simply to make room.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Skimmers are allowed to end their movement on impassible terrain. As the Monolith is a Skimmer it would not have a mishap for landing on impassible terrain, but would need to take a dangerous terrain test.
Skimmers can only land on impassable terrain if it is actually possible to place their model on it, so it would be entirely possible for a monolith to get a mishap from terrain.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Skimmers can only land on impassable terrain if it is actually possible to place their model on it, so it would be entirely possible for a monolith to get a mishap from terrain.
And just as entirely possible for it not to get a mishap. It all depends on what the table is like rather than any rules issue. Skimmers can go on any type of terrain, even impassible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts