Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - opinions please - 7 units, where more than one model is included in a unit, a multiple of seven has been chosen (assume the Heralds will ALWAYS be with the Plaguebearers in this instance...)

HQ 290
Great Unclean One
Mastery 3 (all Biomancy)
2 Greater Rewards
Lesser Reward

HQ 70
Herald
Greater Locus of Fecundity

HQ 70
Herald
Greater Locus of Fecundity

TR 117
13 Plaguebearers

TR 117
13 Plaguebearers

EL 364
7 Beasts of Nurgle

EL 364
7 Beasts of Nurgle

HS 175
Soul Grinder
Nurgle
Warp Gaze

HS 180
Soul Grinder
Nurgle
Phlegm Bombardment

Total = 1747

Thoughts on tactics:

Beasts and Grinders start on table, beasts move forward providing big ol' targets for the opponent, and cover for the grinders...

Big ol' blob of GUO deep strikes in with the plaguebearers loitering on objectives, and dishes out some Biomancy love... if the gifts and powers have come up Shiny, he could be nearly unkillable...

Looks pretty darn resilient, not a lot of stopping power, but a lot of tying down the opponent with T5 beasties...

I would have liked to have got mastery 1 on the heralds, but fluff vs points shuffling does not allow it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great Unclean One
Mastery 3 (all Biomancy)
I personally will not be much help here since I have not had much experience with daemons yet but I am pretty sure it follows the same rules as the CSM codex for the codex spells: you need to have at least one spell from the units chosen god thus in this example from the Plague discipline.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote from the Codex:

"...for each point of Mastery Level he has, a psyker may make a roll on one of the tables available to him. if the psyker is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they may roll up to half their powers (rounding fractions up) on the chart that corresponds to their patron."

May :)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I would rather roll ALL on the Patron gods tables for some chaos gods. But half/round up is correct.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Plague powers rock. Why not take them?
And I would drop the lesser gift to pay for bombardment on ur other soulgrinder, they are too inaccurate for shooting straight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Enfeeble on Biomancy and Rancid on Plague is just plain nasty combined but you are relying on the dice gods big time for those 2. Hilarious though watching a whole unit dropping like flies one by one. Combine that with a CSM DP with black mace and the gift of contagion CSM power and roll a 3 on table and you are reducing there T by 1 again! Black mace adds a second Mass toughness test. You need a lot of luck to pull it off but get it and you are forcing most units to take toughness tests needing a 1 or 2 to pass!

Choosing between gifts and psychic powers seems to require more tactics than the actual playing sometimes lol. Such as I always take a lesser gift on GUO or DP for the plague flail encase I roll enfeeble on Biomancy. +1 Strength, AP 2, poisoned +4 and Contagion that forces a toughness test all for 10 points makes me a happy nurgling and with enfeeble you are lowering there toughness by 1 on top.

It would be a lot easier if they let us roll for physic powers before gifts I reckon but even with the gambling you can still build a very nasty unmovable, death machine with the GUO.

I often give my DP's 1 lesser, 2 greater's and mastery level 2. I pray to the plague god for Touch of unmaking for armour bane and flesh bane then hope for FnP and give them 2 biomancy powers hoping mainly for Iron arm and warp speed.

Sorry this is turning more into a tactics post. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts