Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I bought my first figures for any sort of hobby game. It was the $90 chaos battleforce and I was up all night putting it together. On the chaos rhino I was wondering if the flaps on the top can be glued or placed in a certain way so I can open and close it. I can't fit my chaos marines in the back easily and if I can help it I don't want the top open all the time. Also for the gunner on top of the rhino I was wondering if there is any way I can place it with glue or something so it can turn around or if I have to glue it in place?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
most people dont bother with trying to fit their models inside the tank; they just put them on the table when they are deployed.

the flaps dont have to open and close, but i think there is a way of doing it, i dont know how.

most of the tanks in Warhammer are not meant to be actually used as something to physicaly carry your troops around the battlefield

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
The doors or flaps can be glued they don't have to open at all. It is not that hard to make a hinge system so that they do open and close when you want them to. Plus it give you an chance to paint and convert the insid of the rhino.

THe troops don't have to fit in the rhino though. I usually have a marking or a number on the rhino and on the guys that go with that rhino so that it is easy to see what guys go with which rhino.

I love making as many moveable parts as possible. For the gunner I would place a tube inside the rhino standing on its end. Then glue a slightly smaller tube that will fit inside the one in the rhino and glue this one to the gunner. THis way you have 360 degree rotation of the gunner. If you want to get fancy you can also use magnets to hold the gunner in place as well. Rare earth magnets are great for this you can get them a Radio Shack or off ebay pretty cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts